Fujitsu/Seimens PC Card

jonbhoy

Reaction score
I have this card and use TT 2.17 drivers to install it. Everything is set as required, but still have a problem. Using any of the s/w cams I can't get the channels to clear unless I do a channel scan on one of the transponders. Its like this, I scan all the transponders using progDVB and get all the channels and s*emu works. Now, if I close progDVB and come back to it later the channels don't clear until I do another transponder scan. Seems to me that it may be the card drivers. I've tried all combinations of DVB progs and s/w cams and only have success with progDVB and s*emu. When I look at the s*emu monitor window it says "autoupdating" and appears to be hunting for something. Its as if it can't detect the encryption system, this is why I think its the card drivers. Anyone had a similar problem??

Cheers

jonbhoy

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Sorry, I don't know your card, drivers etc. but if the monitor says 'autoupdating' and you're on a Nagra channel, then maybe it's trying to update your s*ftcam.key with the latest key. Make sure it's in the root file of progdvb, and maybe try a different key file. You need to give it a minute or two to decode the key and save it. Also make sure you're on S2emu V1.0.9.1.

jonbhoy

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK, thanx for the reply much appreciated. I think you're right about the autoupdating trying to write to the cam file. I don't know why its doing this though, becuase it already has the right key. As i said it behaves as though its trying to detect the wrong encryption system e.g. sometimes I see Irdeto key 75 appear in the info window even though its a FTA channel. The only encryption from the provider is nagra, so it can't possibily have irdeto or can it??.

The card is the same as Technotrend Premium or SS1 hence the TechnoTrend drivers.

I think i'll give the SS1 drivers a go and see what happens.

cheers

jonbhoy

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Have you got the very latest nagra files? Which channel/package are you trying? There have been many changes of late. Also, the S2emu monitor window can produce some spuriuous and eroneous data sometimes, so don't take it as read.

jonbhoy

Reaction score
Its cable. Interesting that the channels clear after doing a new channel scan. It continues to work as long as I don't close progDVB. Very wierd!!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Sorry, what do you mean 'it's cable'?

Can you give us some more details?

jonbhoy

Reaction score
"what do you mean its cable"

Cable is the answer to "which channel/package are you trying". I should have said the package is Cable TV.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The reason I was suprised is that we don't really do cable here, and there are probably very few folks here that know much about it. I'm surprised that S2emu does anything for you.

Which exact card are you using, so I can have a look at the spec/functionality?
How have you got ProgDVB set up?

Which provider are you with?

You have me interested now... :ch3

jonbhoy

Reaction score
Apologies for the late reply, holidays and that...

I figured this is probably not the best place to ask about cable, but there are few places that I know of except the shack and I can't get registered. Anyway, I don't think this problem is specific to cable or satellite its most probably my PC. The card is the Fujitsy Siemens D1121 DVD C pci card. All I can say about my set up for ProgDVB is that its standard, I simply installed it as per the app instructions. Maybe I don't understand the question you'll have to spell it out for me.

I'd rather not be specific about my provider if you don't mind.

Unless you really want to, I wouldn't waste anymore time on this than you already have. Fact is I can get the channels I want to work and I should be happy for that at least.

Cheers

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hey, no probs m8. Thanks for sharing what you have already.

As you say, I don't think we're going to be able to help you other than with the obvious driver updates and maybe a re-install of ProgDVB (or how about trying MyTheatre V2.76?).

Good luck.

STICK