Fun card Problem with Echostar 3600 Via

markie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-Jun-02 AT 03:24 PM (GMT)]I am new to the world of digital satellite so please forgive me. I have managed to get a gold wafer card working with my echostar 3600 via with no problem whatsoever, but whenever I try a fun card programmed with fun card software for viaccess, either the screen goes blank when the card is initialisng or I get the message 'check the card'. Also, when you go to the cam menu on the receiver, the card isn't found. I am sure I have programmed the card correctly with the correct files. Does anyone know why and how I can overcome this?

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Hi
There are 3 hex files to use when programming a funcard (instead of 2 on a goldie).

FLASH.HEX is the file that should be programmed to the flash area of the microcontroller.

EE_INT.HEX is the file that goes into the microcontroller's internal EEPROM area.

EE_EXT.HEX is the file that goes onto the external EEPROM (24C64).

MP8 software is easy to use if your programmer supports it.Just make sure you put the right file to the right place and you should be ok.

Lee

markie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for your advice, but I have already correctly loaded the 3 files you mention. Any other ideas???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
May be worth trying some different files Markie, not all files work with all receivers. Which file are you trying at the moment?

Rolf

markie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
I have used three different fun files from the SatviewUk website, with the same result - receiver crashes and goes to a blank screen.

Do you think this is what the problem is? I have tried different gold files on my gold card and all of them worked fine. Is there more of a compatability problem with fun cards?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It would certainly appear so Markie, I'm sure though, that there will be a file that'll work for you. What were the names of the files you tried and has the funcard worked with other files on another machine?

Rolf