FUN CARD PROGRAMMING using USB to SERIAL adapters

S

sax412

Hello everybody,
my problem is that I'm not able to program fun cards using my MAESTRO CARD PROGRAMMER connected to my notebook using a usb to serial adapter. Everything is ok if I perform this operation using a com port "on board" on a desktop.
Is there any way to fix this issue rather than buying a USB programmer? Somebosy told me that a PCMCIA to serial adpter should work.
Thank you very much for any help.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I haven't heard of many people having much success with these converters, but perhaps some kind soul who has succeeded can help with the correct settings. :)

S

sax412

Ok, I will answer to myself and to all the people passed by this thread.

:rolleyes:

If anybody has a USB to SERIAL connection working with any card programmer, that's just a matter of being lucky!!!
One friend of mine has been experiencing a case like this but, listen you all, depending on the software he is using he has to move the usb adapter from a plug to another looking for the right one that, eventually, works in a randomic way!!!
The conclusion is that anyway this is not a reliable connection to do such a kind of work. It will be interesting to understand why these devices work like this...meanwhile I bought a PCMCIA to SERIAL adapter that works great!
Thanks a lot to eveybody for your best intentions to help me.:) :D