FUN CARD PROGRAMMING using USB to SERIAL adapters

sax412

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
my problem is that I'm not able to program fun cards using my MAESTRO CARD PROGRAMMER connected to my notebook using a usb to serial adapter. Everything is ok if I perform this operation using a com port "on board" on a desktop.
Is there any way to fix this issue rather than buying a USB programmer? Somebosy told me that a PCMCIA to serial adpter should work.
Thank you very much for any help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I haven't heard of many people having much success with these converters, but perhaps some kind soul who has succeeded can help with the correct settings. :)

sax412

Reaction score
Ok, I will answer to myself and to all the people passed by this thread.

:rolleyes:

If anybody has a USB to SERIAL connection working with any card programmer, that's just a matter of being lucky!!!
One friend of mine has been experiencing a case like this but, listen you all, depending on the software he is using he has to move the usb adapter from a plug to another looking for the right one that, eventually, works in a randomic way!!!
The conclusion is that anyway this is not a reliable connection to do such a kind of work. It will be interesting to understand why these devices work like this...meanwhile I bought a PCMCIA to SERIAL adapter that works great!
Thanks a lot to eveybody for your best intentions to help me.:) :D