Fun cards and Viaccess

digital_mind

Reaction score
I'm new in satellite world, wanted to ask if its possible to use Fun cards for Viaccess internal CAM in Humax 5300??

on of my friends said you can only use golden cards for Viaccess?

is that true?

rizla

Reaction score
My Location
Reading
Yes. You can use any FUN card programmed with the appropriate software. The files for the FUN card come in .hex format and there are either 3 or 2 files depending on the maker. In case of only 2 files the internal eeprom of the ATMEL 90S8515 is left empty. You will also need a FUN programmer and programming software such as Funprom or Funmagic. There are other programs and programmers as well but the above-mentioned use LPT port for communication with the card and the programmer is really simple which makes it the cheapest solution for FUN cards.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rizla said:
Yes. You can use any FUN card programmed with the appropriate software. The files for the FUN card come in .hex format and there are either 3 or 2 files depending on the maker. In case of only 2 files the internal eeprom of the ATMEL 90S8515 is left empty. You will also need a FUN programmer and programming software such as Funprom or Funmagic. There are other programs and programmers as well but the above-mentioned use LPT port for communication with the card and the programmer is really simple which makes it the cheapest solution for FUN cards.
Agreed Rizla, but preference for me is the fun programmer USB, it is a bit more convenient, only difference being the USB connector instead of LPT

digital_mind

Reaction score
thanks rizla and toppervte33h for your help,

I have Dynamite programmer from duolabs, it has USB connection

and I have couple of fun cards AT90(P1)

but how do you know which kind of fund card is it? I mean how do you diffirenciat between fun card 1,2,3,4,5,6??

thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
digital_mind said:
thanks rizla and toppervte33h for your help,

I have Dynamite programmer from duolabs, it has USB connection

and I have couple of fun cards AT90(P1)

but how do you know which kind of fund card is it? I mean how do you diffirenciat between fun card 1,2,3,4,5,6??

thanks
Do not know the specifics of your particular programmer but my software insists on detecting the card details as soon as it is inserted, it then tell you what it is actaully or what it is equivalent to e.g. my card on the outside says it is a funcard 4 Prussian Galaxy 2 the processor is detected as an AT90S8515 and the memory 24C256. What exactly did you want to know?