fun while it lasted

twinsquirrel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
salisbury
hi all...

well its happened, I've killed it.

I had my dm 500 running great with the gemini 2.8 image but while fiddling with it it seems that i have killed it!!!

blank screen, no network!!!

I have tried to reflash using dreamup but it just sits there saying "upload complete, waiting for acknowledge."

Heeeeelllllllpppppp.

Cheers

David

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
twinsquirrel said:
hi all...

well its happened, I've killed it.

I had my dm 500 running great with the gemini 2.8 image but while fiddling with it it seems that i have killed it!!!

blank screen, no network!!!

I have tried to reflash using dreamup but it just sits there saying "upload complete, waiting for acknowledge."

Heeeeelllllllpppppp.

Cheers

David

Don't worry, happened to all of us. Did you read through the other threads dealing with the same problem? Did you use the correct dreamup version?
Also, sometimes you might need to flash an original dreambox image first, and then afterwards go for a modified one.
In any case, what did you do?

twinsquirrel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
salisbury
Hi T_G,

Things are looking brighter here!!! I did use the correct dreamup version (both the dm500 specific one and the multi box version). They both halted at the same point.....

I could happily Telnet the box via the com port so i was not too worried and after much googling found a nice simple solution...... I have switched user on my laptop and now dreamup works without fault, so it looks like there was a sneeky service interfering with the com port on my primary user account... Very strange since I could telnet the box..

It's alive!!!!

Cheers

David

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
twinsquirrel said:
It's alive!!!!
See? Don't panic, Dreamboxes are extremely difficult to kill:)