funny motor problem (23,5e to 30w fine, but no 28,2e)

sg_

My Satellite Setup
45w-52e 80cm VU+ Duo2 (DVB-S/DVB-T)
My Location
Northern Ireland
Hello there,

Finally got my dish motorised a while back, and eventually got all going smoothly enough after a bit of headwrecking, so im left with just one wee problem.

I can get channels on sats between 23,5e and 30w fine, but I cant get anything on 28,2e and anything further east for some reason :confused . The view in that direction is definatly not obscured by anything aswell.

Any idea on what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance

Rob

My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Can your dish actually move that far, or are you saying that your receiver can't pick them up ?

sg_

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Ireland
Thanks for your reply.
The dish moves that far, atleast from what I can see when I look up at it from below from the nearest window to it. Initially I did have a problem when the motor wouldnt move any more further east than 19,2e, but that seemed to have sorted itself

Terrydlm

Learning Fast !
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM-1500CI+ and
Technisat SkyStar 2 USB HD and
Humax Foxsat-HD and
Humax Foxsat-HDR
TriAx 80cm Dish driven by a Darksat Motor.
Inverto 0.2db Silver Tech lnb.
My Location
Guernsey
Do you have any limits set on your receiver? What about hardware limits set on your motor?

sg_

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Ireland
Na, definatly no limits set on reciever or motor.

My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
I presume that you are useing USALS. Have you tried DISEQC to move the dish to 28east and further?
AF

sg_

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Ireland
Yeah using USALS. Na I havent tried Diseqc but ill give it a go aftewards to see if I make any headway.

Do you think it could be a problem with alignment somehow making it not pick up anything past 23,5e?

My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Could be missalignment, what/which satellite did you use to set up for your due south?
AF

sg_

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Ireland
I intially set up at 5w (my location is about 6w) then fine tuned at 1w. At 1w for the canal digital channels, I get a decent signal on my 80cm here, 85%-90% for most of the canal digital package, apart from the regional svt channels and finnish channels and a few of the tv norge channels (just a pity i cant watch them all !), i dont get much of a decent reception of the tps which have some romanian package on aswell. I get about only 60%snr/80%agr on them and on the mooby chan but i assume them tps are weak for where i am located.

sg_

My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northern Ireland
Seems to be going Ok (so far !) with diseqc, getting 28,2 fine. There was 2 entries at pos 0, 28,2e and 41,5w (i think) so i deleted those and picked bbc2 ni and presto we have a picture.

Thanks !