Funny thing happens when MyTheater meets online connection

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
OK, here is a strange one:
I have a problem when I am moving my motor with MyTheater and my dialup connection is on. Most often after a short time I get a small rectangular box on the top left of the Theater window sayin that I got an incoming call (in German). It does not matter if i accept or deny or just close the incoming call window, it always disconnects my dialup connection and then wants to re dial. It is not a dialler, as it is trying to call the same number i use for my normal modem.
It always seem to happen when I move the dish or change channels, if I am just watching one station it usually is ok.
My system is protected by Norton AV 2004 with automatic updates, I got Spybot and Adaware, every night the computer is scanned for viruses and there is nothing on. Still, it keeps disconnecting the modem.

Last time this happened I managed to catch it on a screenshot, it does not show part of the text on the pop up box, but maybe someone knows what this is or recognises this.
So first I get the box, then I get the message (in german as my computer is with a German WinXp) that there is a "Mistake 687"

Any ideas???

K

kalamar

maybe its also calling Scotland yard ! if its dialing anything anywhere,then it has to be a dialer !

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Problem is, where is this dialler coming from??? I have chacked my computer hundreds of times, online checks, the lot. Nothing.....and why only when MyTheater is on???

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
When it does it, have a look in your Task Manager and see if it is listed.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ahh, strangely enough, was reading about that today, they sent out a circular, checked it out a while ago, but decided that it wasn't worth installing.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
kalamar said:
have you ever heard of the "free" satellite access called Casablanca ? if you have ever installed it,it will also do this with the dialer thing.

No, really does not ring a bell....I don't think I ever had this.

K

kalamar

It was just an idea as I had some problems with "Casablanca"
have you checked "never dial a connection" in windows settings ? also check see how many network connections are listed in control panel ,network connections ,the sat card dont need to have any options set unless you are using it for internet connections. Experiment with it but keep track and do one thing at a time ! I have confidence you will get it worked out !