Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I shall have a go at AIS over the winter. Im moving to near the village of Kelso and will have decent LOS into the Cheviot mountains. AIUI Coastguard whirlybirds use AIS and they are often called in for rescues in the Cheviots.

Plus I will only be about 20 miles from the coast so I *may* have a chance of getting some ship traffic too. I see tinkering sessions in the garage there over the winter :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I shall be re-erecting my plane tracking system and carry on feeding 360-radar, and Ive also just realised I shall have almost direct LOS to the Border gliding club near Wooler so I will be investigating a FLARM system for gliders as well :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive no chance whatsoever of getting 9 dishes up there but Im pretty sure I can hide a couple behind the garage Watch this space for the Mk2 Borders dish farm - although I need to work out how tolerant the new landlord is before I go completely OTT. :D

I probably wont be completely demolishing the Mk1 dish farm immediately here simply because there is a chance we will move back here once this cottage has been refurbished. Some will be removed - if for no other reason I need at least 13E/19E for New Years Eve :-rofl2

Doping some poking around Ive also discovered there is a radiosonde launching point west of Newcastle. The Cheviots are in the way but as they are going up rather than across they will soon clear them....... So I shall have to have a go at that one too :D

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Are you likely to get a better broadband speed, in your new place?

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Ive also discovered there is a radiosonde launching point west of Newcastle.

Are you sure they're not just the warning buoys for when I've had a curry? :-rofl2