Galaxis Panta Rhei/Force

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
I have a Galaxis Panta Rhei four card slot including two CI,digital receiver,The Galaxis web site seems not now to support this recever,but probably still sends software upgrades on demand over the air.My question is this,the Force receiver looks exactly the same,i downloaded the instruction book as my copy is only in german,and it operates the same.As the Force receivers have their own forum www.force-forum.com,would the force software be the same? Are the receivers all made by Force?.
Anybody know what i am talking about?...All help gratefully received.
Best of luck....Brian

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Hi Brian,
don't know this particular receiver, but I am familiar with the issue. Echostar receivers are made in Korea and the same factory also makes a whole bunch of other differently badged but identically specified clones (not of all models, but there is a common subset). For example, Handan & Praxis.
But whether the firmware is interchangeable is a moot point. I once compared the Praxis firmware to the Echostar equivalent and at byte-level there were differences.
I guess you can only "suck it and see"...
...unless anyone else out there has specific experience...?

One danger to be aware of is that if you load the "slightly wrong" firmware it may accept the load but you may end up with something you can neither use nor replace. This could happen for example if there were subtle mismatches in the bootloader section. The manufacturers may solve such problems by replacing the bootloader separately but will not usually release that separate bootloader to the public. And some firmwares also support commands that can be entered directly from a windows hyperterminal session via the serial port. But rarely are such features documented...

2old

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Galaxis Panta Rhei is the same as a Prosat 5000 which is the same as a Vento and they are all OEM versions of the Force D-master 1133.

The Force has a software for channel editing “Force-Edit” and one for loading the firmware “Swloader”.

You CANNOT use the “Force-edit” to other than Force own products. For OEM products like yours, you need the “Smart Edit” software.

If you can’t update your receiver via Thor (1W) or Astra1 (19E) you can use your PC to update firmware.

According to the German Panta Rhei Forum (http://pub24.ezboard.com/bbetterknow) you can load the Force D-Master firmware Version 34 (download from www.force-forum.com - under Beta) which gives you embedded Viaccess. The software loader found on the same page should also work.

You only need to put the receive in data mode (Switch on main power and press the left button on the receiver when you see “0000” in the display – the display should then read “DATA”) and connect a parallel cable from your PC.

Even better news is that Force will release a new software for all OEM receivers within weeks including both embedded Viaccess and Conax. Read reports from Beta testers who all confirm it to be working.

Good luck
Pligs

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 31-08-01 AT 02:11 PM (GMT)]Dishdoctor

Just came across a page where you can find software for the Panta Rhei.

http://iqzone.50g.com/
(Look for PantaRhei on right hand side)

Pligs

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Thanks for the information,I will checkout the websites you mentioned Best of luck Brian