Gazza - My Story

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I just read the biography of Paul Gascoine. I must say I quite enjoyed this one, this must have been one of the most brutally honest accounts by any footballer (or otherwise). Normally (and understandably so) most people tend to "forget" a lot of embarrassing moments in their official books, but good old Paul does not seem to hide much (as many reformed alcoholics the pendulum swings towards saying more than normal people would about their problems and past vices). It is not like reading Günther Grass, but as biographies go this is not a bad one.:)

P.S If you get the book, try to get the later paperback, it has some additional stuff that was not in the hardcover

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I remember him quitting booze, and saw him tearful on the Richard and Judy show as he told that "he couldn't have a drink again...."

He looked at rock bottom, but he was at least sober.

Unfortunately, he's back on the booze. :(

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
cant say i feel sorry for him...

i think turning into an alcholic and famous clown instead of the great footballer he could have been, just because he broke his leg, cried and beats women up.

on top of all that, hes a millionaire!!

dont feel sorry for him.

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
I think you're being a little harsh Red devil UK, Gascoigne is one of the best players your country has ever produced.I know cos I saw him on a weekly basis at RANGERS.Maybe he didn't become a world class player but he certainly wasn't far from it .The vast majority of England fans thought the world of him when he did the business on the park for them so it's very easy to kick the man when he's down.We all have domestic problems to deal with and that's what they are "domestic" not splashed over the front pages of newspapers.I don't think money comes into the equation wifebeater=wifebeater.The man has problems,he needs support not criticism.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
I think it was his wife and her children that needed the support, he had a choice they didn't.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
I think you're being a little harsh Red devil UK

i just hate to see a talent go to waste... he had the world at his feet (no pun intended) the skills, the fame and the money....there are millions of kids who dream about having what he had.... and he chose to waste the lot, no one else did that for him.