GBP 23.50 is a fraud

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
A phone call is needed if the card you have ordered is a first card and not a replacement for your original card.........many other posts confirming this.......brian

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
As always there are many user senarios. Box with no card, ex-suber, FTV firster .. :rolleyes:

Me thinks that as info comes in we could/should build up a specific chart going through all the possible ordering variations.

UPDATE: GBP23.50 was recently debited from my account - from - "Channel Four Television" ?

Also, and i'm not sure whether I should reveal this, but, I borrowed a friends sub card just to see if the story about some other's card in my box would allow FTV channels through in my front room.

It did and I was heartily suprised when it also allowed me to watch all of her other non-premium channels too: marvellous - given that I would generally beg, steal or borrow someone's card for a few hours of Discovery Home & Leejur :-righton

But, hey, don't tell anyone! And please don't feel free to nick the first sub card you set your eyes on. Besides, If you think me revealing this fact is just a wanton abuse of board etiquette just let me know and I'll remove said info.

Gotta go - there's some serious power tools being fired-up :)

Mark.

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
A good place to get free sky cards is currys or comet,but you will need a pair of wirecutters,earplugs,(for the alarm) and a change of clothes for the police cells......................

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
But why bother taking the card from the shop? I still think the best way for subscription free Sky is with a one off payment of about £10 for a very advanced piece of hardware.

Once you have bought a Sky remote control, take a folding chair and sit outside your local currys/comet/dixons and happily flick through the channels on their window display digibox and tv.

This little trick doesn’t (yet) get you any sound, but reading subtitles will improve your spelling.

It might be worth the investment in a Sky+ remote, some shops have that in their window display.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
What you could do is,with the sky remote,type in the code for the tv in the shop window,and turn the volume up to max,and place your ear near the letterbox.
Ps dont forget to turn volume down when you leave,or the Currys'staff will get suspicious,or a loud surprise when they open up in the morning. O-Ha

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
If they have a sky+ box,you could record all the free XXX previews and set them to replay at 9 am,that should get a crowd watching outside..............

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
And with the sound at full volume......

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
zorba said:
What you could do is,with the sky remote,type in the code for the tv in the shop window,and turn the volume up to max,and place your ear near the letterbox.

I had thought of exactly the same plan: but I totally forgot about the damned letterbox!

Thanks for that Zorba :-righton

Now I just have to wait for a Comet to open in Berlin :-)

Mark.

dishdoctor

Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Those rubber sucker things you stick on your phone to record the conversation also work on shop windows......dont ask me how i know.....my case comes up thursday...................brian

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
So does throwing a brick through shop windows,and they haven't caught me yet.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
but then the alarm kind of drowns out the TVs sound

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
zorba said:
So does throwing a brick through shop windows,and they haven't caught me yet.

Half of the youths in this area go Christmas shopping with a brick. :)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
PoloMint said:
but then the alarm kind of drowns out the TVs sound

Thats when the subtitles come on.

jackie

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks everyone who advised me. I am now in France with my new card that I ordered on the internet, as advised. I am watching ITV with no banners.

Cheers
Jackie

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Glad to hear the story has a happy ending Jackie. :)

jackie

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks to everyone who advised me about my viewing card.
I have now got my new card and can watch itv without banners.

Cheers
Jackie

jackie

Reaction score
Sorry for repeating myself. I thought my first message got lost. Could be the red wine!!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Mmmm, red wine, shall be over there myself at Christmas for two weeks, visiting my sister just to the East of Chartre, always look forward to it. :-cheers

jackie

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we're going back to
england on Tuesday, but we'll be back in France soon after Christmas. We're near Angouleme.

Speedbird

Reaction score
Relacement Cards for old P1 type.
Has anyone tried a second and seperate transaction on the automatic system using the same old P1 card number. Will the system recognise the fact that the old card has already been cancelled. ??
Thanks for all the help