Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
As you may be aware, theJazz is due to close at the end of March. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support of theJazz over the past 15 months.
We will remain on air until March 28, and we remain committed to supporting jazz music and the musicians who make it. However from February 25, Classic FM is now broadcasting two hours of jazz between midnight and 2am, seven days a week. This programme is available on FM as well as DAB and therefore has a far wider potential audience.

Helen Mayhew has joined the team on Classic to present a two-hour show from midnight to 2am each day from Monday to Friday, while Tim Lihoreau is hosting host the show in the same slot on Saturday and Sunday.

Another of theJazz’s presenters Margherita Taylor has also migrated to Classic FM to present the new Smooth Classics At Six programme, a three-hour show of relaxing music to help listeners unwind. And you can continue to catch Mark Forrest each weekday on Classic with his afternoon show now starting at the slightly earlier time of 3pm. Find Classic FM Jazz here.

In addition, these programmes will be available to listen to at any time of the day or night, up to seven days after broadcast via Classic FM’s 'listen again' service. You will be able to access this service online at www.classicfm.com/listenagain.

We have also added a rolling jazz music stream to myclassicfm.com which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The service allows users to rate tracks, giving you control over what you hear. You can find more about My Classic FM here. Please note that the My Classic FM service is only available to Windows users running Internet Explorer at present.

On behalf of the team behind theJazz, we would like to thank listeners for all their good wishes and the warm, kind words in support of the station. We all very touched that you have enjoyed what you have heard and that the station has made a difference to your lives

Info on the TJ website. They are due to close on Friday night (Mar 28th)

There are unconfirmed reports that Planet Rock may survive another month to allow further negotiations towards a buyout.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Analoguesat said:
There are unconfirmed reports that Planet Rock may survive another month to allow further negotiations towards a buyout.
Rick Wakeman announced this on his show last Saturday morning so there's hope yet.