Gemini 1.05

jase42001

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi All,

I downloaded the latest Gemini Image, and I am having problems moving my VAR directory to HDD. I am trying to move it via the extra settings button, checking the box next to move and selecting HDD.
The error message states "Disk to small"?
I have an 80g HDD in my box and think I have tried almost everything.
Anybody any ideas? :confused

Thanks

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
jase42001 said:
Hi All,

I downloaded the latest Gemini Image, and I am having problems moving my VAR directory to HDD. I am trying to move it via the extra settings button, checking the box next to move and selecting HDD.
The error message states "Disk to small"?
I have an 80g HDD in my box and think I have tried almost everything.
Anybody any ideas? :confused

Thanks

No too sure about this one as i have mine on usb. I used flash wizzard pro. BASIC IMAGE IN FLASH. And put the Gemeni image in HD.

jase42001

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
john_graydon said:
No too sure about this one as i have mine on usb. I used flash wizzard pro. BASIC IMAGE IN FLASH. And put the Gemeni image in HD.

Its really weird, I am usually ok with this sort of thing, but it has got me stumped. In the info panel it says that amount of space on HDD is 0% but it wont let me move the damn thing.
I am starting to think it might be a glitch in the Gemini software itself. I got myself to a cut off point at 2.30am this morning and I will probably look at it tonight again after work )(-red

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
the previous gemini image gave me real strange errors like this one, from time to time, ie, trying to download a new cam once, it told me no space on HDD, which was nonsense. there is a sign problem somwehre, he told me some thing like 40 GB used, -80 GB remaining. ie, negative space remaining!
!!! ... to work around i deleted one movie from my HDD, then it worked again .

jase42001

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wallycharlo said:
the previous gemini image gave me real strange errors like this one, from time to time, ie, trying to download a new cam once, it told me no space on HDD, which was nonsense. there is a sign problem somwehre, he told me some thing like 40 GB used, -80 GB remaining. ie, negative space remaining!
!!! ... to work around i deleted one movie from my HDD, then it worked again .

I think there are many bugs in this image. My HDD doesn't have anything on it so effectively it has 100% free??

Does anybody have any information on how maybe I could move the VAR directory from the box to the HDD via FTP? Is this possible?

Thanks

Jase

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
the HDD has been formatted i presume ?

for moving it you can do ... (first telnet to D:cool:

cd /hdd
mv ../var ./

this will move /var into the folder /hdd

alternatively, if you want to copy instead of moving, use 'cp' instead of 'mv'

another little tip ... try recording a few minutes of something onto hard disk, and then try again. i have heard of disks doing funny things when they have absolutely nothing on them. good luck!

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
wallycharlo said:

cd /hdd
mv ../var ./

another little tip ... try recording a few minutes of something onto hard disk, and then try again. i have heard of disks doing funny things when they have absolutely nothing on them. good luck!

I would be surprised if just ftping a copy of /var to hdd will do the trick. The flash image running in DB needs to have a pointer to where /var has gone. Try it and surprise us.

tiz

Reaction score
My Location
SY.UK
jase42001 - i think i read somewhere that u must have 1.08.2 installed in flash for gemini to work ok. hope this helps.

jase42001

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
wallycharlo said:

cd /hdd
mv ../var ./

Spot on mate. I recorded a couple of hours of movie, then tried to move Var. No problems whatsoever.
Thanks for the info mate, wish I had posted the problem on here first before spending 2hrs trying to fix )(-red

Cheers
:-cheers