Gemini image and updating C*ms and k*ys

joe publik

Reaction score
... If I go to update->C*ms or update->K*ys I get a list that looks very old. Do I need to update the control panel in Gemini like I do in Hydra in order to see whats new to download? Or are the menu's pulled 'live' direct from the 'net?

Hopefully someone on the board understands WTF I am trying to ask :-)

- jp

pant

Reaction score
Have you try to donload cams or keys when your box is not on the net?You ll not get any list but (Can't resolve hostname.............) which means that the hole thing is live.AFAIK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that the cpanel.xml file is stored remotely (on the server) on Gemini, and not locally like Hydra so you can't update it. What you see is what you get.

Didn't have any problems updating mine with working keys though.

STICK

joe publik

Reaction score
OK, thanks, thought (hoped) that might be the case as it was a bit of a pain manually updating the cpanel each time. I guess I will think gemini will be a pain when my internet copnnection goes down ....

In that case can someone confirm that k*ys are dated 01-02-05 (ie. qutie old!), and newcamd is 5.28 and scam 2.5 currently?

Cheers, sweet Dreams ...

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well the CAMS are right. Some of the keys might be out of date, but not a lot has changed in the last 5-6 weeks.

Best way is to check the channels/packages you expect to be open, and see if they work. You can always use the s*ftcam to 'whatever' conversions in either Gemini or Zeus etc. S*ftcam files are always easy to get and bang up to date if you go for one from a recognised file guy like mach1.

STICK

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I believe what you saw is what is currently up to date. I haven't updated my keys since the 2cd, and all is working fine.
They usually don't wait too long with updating the can/key list on the gemini (it is done by the ihadadreambox site guys, they are pretty quick. You might get some keys a few hours faster from another site though.

joe publik

Reaction score
K, thanks. Only prob is (nowadays (well since a few weeks ago) I dont know what should be open and what isn't open any longer ... :-(

- jp

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
OK, if you can read code, here's a quickie :-

CD on 19E, Cyf+ on 13E, TPS/ABSAT on 13E, some of SI on 13E (not PF or sports 1,2,3, but cinema 1,2,3 and plenty more OK). Polsat 13E. 1W is gone. TV CABO still OK last time I checked on 30W.

Few other odds n sods. Some of the standard Dutch channels etc.

STICK

chuckles

Reaction score
joe publik said:
OK, thanks, thought (hoped) that might be the case as it was a bit of a pain manually updating the cpanel each time. I guess I will think gemini will be a pain when my internet copnnection goes down ....

In that case can someone confirm that k*ys are dated 01-02-05 (ie. qutie old!), and newcamd is 5.28 and scam 2.5 currently?

Cheers, sweet Dreams ...

The current key updates should now read 13.02.05. There are other ways of updating included with Gemeni. Check PP plugin.

joe publik

Reaction score
(Cheers Stick - decoded, looks about right...)

OK, thanks will check the PP plugin (PP confused me, I associate PP and DB7K with PeterPan image...) looks like my menu is indeed out of date.

Cool ......

chuckles

Reaction score
@ Joe publik

Please note that PP update is installed via "updates" and used via "plugins". By the way it does not appear to work with latest 1.06 image but def still OK with 1.05.
However 13.2.05 keys are OK anyway.

joe publik

Reaction score
Thanks folks (chuckles et al)

It looks like the download->k*ys reads live data (if the DB on an internet connection...), so no need to update anything - unsure what PP is or what it does (still) ...

had time to play this evening .... :-)

chuckles

Reaction score
joe publik said:
Thanks folks (chuckles et al)

It looks like the download->k*ys reads live data (if the DB on an internet connection...), so no need to update anything - unsure what PP is or what it does (still) ...

had time to play this evening .... :-)

Just the same thing from a different source I think.