Genius Needed

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi, Have been having this problem with my motorised system now for a few months and it's beginning to drive me nuts, so let me explain:-

I have been having trouble getting the motor and dish to stay on the selected satellite, it will move to the sat and stay there for up too five seconds, showing excellent picture and audio, and then move away.

I have used two receiver's (both TM1000D), two motors, three LNB's, two factory resets, new cable from LNB to motor, latest Technomate software, latest Darkman patch, had my present receiver looked at by Technomate, reset my dish (twice) which is now spot on, and generally wasted the last six or so weekends trying to find this fault.

I will reset my motor (when I find out how) but after that I'm out of idea's.
Thought I had it cracked yesterday when I reset my dish and at first it went ok, and while most of the time it is alright there are still one or two mishaps especially on Hotbird.O-no
PS. Can get all sats from 53 east to 45 west, allowing for my dish size.

So if there are any budding geniuses out there, please HELP !

Thanks
Rob

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
How far does it move away from the satellite viewed?

Is there any play in the motor and dish at all ?

Does the Technomate have an auto focus system that can be turned on /off?

THe Force receivers have some satellites set up incorrectly in the database (the position for the motor has to be adjusted to give signal).

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi CH,

It can move all the way back to Thor or Amos and that's even from 53 east.

There is a very slight amount of play in the motor

I don't think the Technomate has an auto focus system, certainly can't find one but it does have Auto Navigation.

Hope that helps CH, thanks.
Rob

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
reset the motor to the o position and then master reset the box that should reset everything and sort your motor problem out.then reinstall the satellites.i had the same problem awhile ago,this is waht solved it.

TWAG

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
twag42 said:
reset the motor to the o position and then master reset the box that should reset everything and sort your motor problem out.then reinstall the satellites.i had the same problem awhile ago,this is waht solved it. TWAG

Hi twag, Thanks for reply but how do you reset a Stab HH120 using a Technomate TM1000D receiver, and by master reset I assume you mean factory reset.
Or will the factory reset, reset both the receiver and the motor at the same time.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
you can reset the stab by sending it to the 0 position,then by doing a factory reset on the box,you should then be ready to start again.the worst you would have to do is take the dish and motor down,connect the motor to your receiver and drive the motor to the 0 position,then factory reset box.put dish and motor back up and try again.

TWAG

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Thanks for that twag, looks like that's my job for next week-end and hopefully the final solution.
If this works you are on my list of geniuses. :)

tigertimtim

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1500 Technomate, 1m Gibertini dish, Smart 0.2 Titanium lnb
My Location
Hull
theres is a issue with some technomates and the usals motor system , have you tried changing to disceq 1.2 and manually finding the satellites and saving them, its a bit off messing around but once all stored , disceq works better than usals imho because you can fne tune the signal,

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Yesterday did a factory reset and east-west limit reset which are supposed to reset both the motor to zero and reset the receiver.
Then using DiSEqC 1.2 set up Thor and then Sirius, so far no problems.

I then attempted Hotbird and after a few attempt's managed to set it up.
The problem I'm having is that after the dish finds a sat it then moves off and ends up moving between 5 east and 5 west, backwards and forwards.

Must admit nearly took a hammer to it yesterday as I'm just getting a little pi**ed off with it.
Anyway after three hours I managed to get 42e, 28e, 23e, 19e, 13e, 5e, 1w, 8w, and 30w, which are the sats I wanted and the receiver was moving the dish between each sat with no problem's, and then the wife came home and if by magic I couldn't find Hotbird, the Astra's, and when I say couldn't find I mean that after finding the sat it moved off again to between 5e & 5w.

Just to make thing's worse the perfect picture I had on Sirius is now all pixelated.

If anyone has any idea's before the hammer comes out please let me know.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Get rid of the wife

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
good answer CH,i was thinking the same thing. or at least tell her to L.T.F.thing alone.

TWAG

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
I must admit I would have agreed with you but for the fact that it moved that 10% (our so) between 5e & 5w, and continued to do so.
I then tried to get the motor back to 0, but it still continued to go between 5e & 5w, after all you can't change anything till the motor stops, which it didn't.

So then I changed the motor for the old one and guess what, all my problems have gone with the exception of no reception on Sirius.

I can't prove this but I wonder if I've been hit by a "counter measures" signal which stopped me receiving the encrypted Russian channels from Sirius, and also some from Hotbird.
To this day I can't receive any channels from Sirius, as for Hotbird's encrypted channels I'll let you know when wife clears the TV.:-rofl2

I know this is a bit early but I'm sure that I have spent the last six weeks or so wasting my time, because my brand new Stab motor is crap.:p

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Rob said:
I can't prove this but I wonder if I've been hit by a "counter measures" signal which stopped me receiving the encrypted Russian channels from Sirius, and also some from Hotbird.
Well I did consider making such a post some time ago (but I didn't fancy the idea of being laughed at) but I did wonder if it was possible to bury some commands in the data stream to effect the motor, if they have I doubt they will get away with it for long. Surely you could test for this by deleting the offending channels and then moving the motor to a non Russian channel on Sirius and seeing if the motor will drive back to this channel on Sirius

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
toppervte33h said:
Well I did consider making such a post some time ago (but I didn't fancy the idea of being laughed at) but I did wonder if it was possible to bury some commands in the data stream to effect the motor, if they have I doubt they will get away with it for long. Surely you could test for this by deleting the offending channels and then moving the motor to a non Russian channel on Sirius and seeing if the motor will drive back to this channel on Sirius

Have deleted the offending channels from Sirius (after many factory reset's) but "counter measures" have effected this motor as it will go to Sirius (and you have to push the ba*ta*d to get there) but it will not scan for any channels at all now.
Also had problems picking up Russian channels from Hotbird, only Russian channels everything else ok.

I have read that that it is possible for receiver's who receive ill-legal transmissions to be "tampered with", after all you receive updates from a satellite, surely it's possible to receive "counter measures" as well.

Also the receiver I had at the same time (a TM1000D) which now belongs to a friend of mine, also will not receive any channels from Sirius.

Love to hear your replies. :eek:

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I do not really know much about it but as I understand from my limited reading ECM attacks are sent out all the time but as for such an attack to disable the ability of a receiver to scan a particular satellite now that would be clever. I can only suggest replacing with the original firmware and then trying it again. Surely that would restore the ability to scan. Then reinstall the patch or have you already tried all this?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Have already done this.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
As this is, as I understand it, your second receiver this has happend to, how long after changing did the problem take to reappear?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Only happened to the first receiver (and first motor) which I was able to exchange with a mate who was not interested in Sirius.
It receives everything perfectly, except Sirius and some Russian channels from Hotbird.
So at the moment I have my 2nd receiver and my 1st motor, and nothing from Sirius.
The plot thickens.:eek:

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Rob said:
The plot thickens.:eek:

Indeed it does, finally read the whole thread again and got to say I am at a loss. I know it doesn't help you in the short term but what happens if you bypass the motor and cable direct from the box to the lnb, I know you ultimately need the motor but I do not see any other permutation to try or did you try that option when you recabled.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
If I use 1st receiver with either 1st or 2nd motor - No Sirius
If I use 2nd receiver with 1st motor - No Sirius
If I use 2nd receiver with 2nd motor - Yes Sirius

So the two which "I think" might have been effected are when I was using 1st receiver & 1st motor.

As too your question I'm afraid I have not tried it, but I would imagine it would not work with my first receiver, but it would with the second one.

Topper we have to stop meeting like this, admin will talk.:-rofl2