Geostationary Arc

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal
Hi I believe that this is what my dish's arc is doing, (see image please), is there any way to align it on the sides? I've been fiddling around with it but now the most eastern satellite I can recive is Hellas 39ºE and the most western is hispasat 30ºW. My goal is to be able to acheive at least panamsat 45ºW without sacrificing the eastern sats, If I turn the whole mount slightly to the east and turn the motor that bit to the west I can receive panamsat quite well but the I don't receive east sats after astra 19,2ºE. How can I "lower" the arc on the sides while keeping the same "height" on the middle? Shall I try raising the motor and lowering the dish or the other way around? I hope my thread isn't to confusing and I hope the image explains itself what I mean. Thanks!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should be motor up and dish down, this should make the arc less shallow.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If you are that close to getting the whole arc, then the final adjustments are really minute. Less than a couple of degrees on both elevation and declination.

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal
thanks I'll try it next weekend :D, I'll post the results.

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal
well, I tried today at lunch time but no luck, It seems I just can't have panamsat and astra 2 at he same time, I can either have one or the other... well I rather have astra 2 obviously, my goal was to try to track the arc nice and perfect but something may be wrong, I have to confirm if the pole is perfectly plumb.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
It wont be the pole, either the North South is slightly off, or one of your other adjustments are out.

Which dish are you using, is it and H to H motor and is the dish clamped in a way that it can rotate on the motor pole ? These have to be absolutely square on to track the full arc.

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
As long as it looks true to the 90 degree mark it should be OK.

I would just carry on making a small adjustment of the North/South and the elevation/declination. It will come in eventually.

Tonito

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Illusion M2 M3 e M6.
My Location
Portugal
thanks I'll try in the weekend with more calm and patience if the weather allows it.