For Sale Geotrack H100 DiSEqC motor with polarmount.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I've just uncovered two of these sitting the shed. Unopened and waiting for somebody to try them out.

The motor when extended will cover around 60 degrees on the system that comes in the box, giving somebody all the useful satellites with an 80cm, and possibly this will work reliably with a bigger dish, but I give no guarantees at all on the 120cm claim.

The advantage is that you get a linear motor with a DiSEqC gearbox heart, so no V-Box, no 4 wire / caravan cabling and no mains supply to the outside environment (trust me, I've seen that before).

Pictures tomorrow but here is the specification (in Hungarian) with assembled picture.

MKE > Satelitska TV > SATELITSKI ROTORI > Geotrack

£20 plus the postage to wherever you are secures you one of these charming devices, about £6.50 to the UK mainland.

DiSEqC Motor 1.jpg

Last edited:

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I've just uncovered two of these sitting the shed. Unopened and waiting for somebody to try them out.

The motor when extended will cover around 60 degrees on the system that comes in the box, giving somebody all the useful satellites with an 80cm, and possibly this will work reliably with a bigger dish, but I give no guarantees at all on the 120cm claim.

The advantage is that you get a linear motor with a DiSEqC gearbox heart, so no V-Box, no 4 wire / caravan cabling and no mains supply to the outside environment (trust me, I've seen that before).

Pictures tomorrow but here is the specification (in Hungarian) with assembled picture.

MKE > Satelitska TV > SATELITSKI ROTORI > Geotrack

£20 plus the postage to wherever you are secures you one of these charming devices, about £6.50 to the UK mainland.

View attachment 113585

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I will buy one. Let me know how you want paying etc.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
PM me, as usual

A

archive10

So it's like an H2H, but without the range and the linear accuracy at the extremes of the H2H...

I do think that the mechanics *might* be more sturdy than the typical SG-2x00 or Dark motor, which could come in handy when seen in the light of the recent weather conditions.
After all, the force of the wind acting on the dish is much better handled by the comparitvely large cork-screw gear on the actuator than the smaller gears in the final stage of an an H2H motor.

But perhaps the real win-win situation would be to use the actuator to use as a declination controller for a larger offset dish?
As you say, no need for all the extra cables and stuff. Just a coax going out from whatever controller/STB you are using...
...it is tempting to ask for one, but a) shipping to DK is not cheap, and I will not be passing London until Feb/Mar this year, and b) perhaps someone else, like @Llew might adapt his polarmount to take this thing into serving as a nice C/Ku switching platform?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I wouldn't attempt using a tuner derived current design for an elevation motor unless the dish was perfectly counterbalanced.

The H100 negates the gearbox wear that occurs on H-H motor designs, backlash reduction has moved on somewhat but a good 'yank' from one gust will often take out a motor/cog or two near the turning point, this allows some larger dimensions to cope with the damaging forces.

I'm not in any way saying this is perfect, just an alternative.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
TJ has taken one of these, and so there is one left in the boot of the car.

Attachments

• IMG_4394.JPG
    IMG_4394.JPG
    507.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4395.JPG
    IMG_4395.JPG
    509.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4398.JPG
    IMG_4398.JPG
    467.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4399.JPG
    IMG_4399.JPG