german fta channels on Astra 19e - help pls

*Sue*

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freeview
My Location
Pembrokeshire/SW Wales
Hi all

when we moved to Pembrokeshire in 2004 we installed our old satellite system from Germany here and had no problems receiving German TV.

We lost our signals in some stormy weather and had everything realigned a couple of times via a satellite installer. For some reason it went harder to find any signals every time. After not using the system for a couple of month (we also have freeview on a normal antenna) we had a new go and had a guy come round to tune the system in again. This time he couldn't pick up any signal at all. His guess was that the lnb is defect.

The system I am talking about is a digital Strong SRT 4125 Evolution with an 80cm dish, about 7 years old.

I am wondering what options I have got now and what the best way to go is from here. Is the box still ok and up to date for this job and should I just go for a new lnb and if yes could somebody recommend one please?

Or to stop calling a technician out all the time, do I get a new box as well and if yes what would be my best and cheapest option for that?

I have been reading about so many different receivers now that I am totally confused of what I need :confused

I would be ever so happy if I could get some help from you guys here.

Sue from Wales

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Sue, welcome to the forum.:)

Why not buy yourself a new LNB from one of our supporting advertisers, LNBs are cheap these days, and easy to change.

Aligning a dish to Astra 19.2 is quite easy, (providing it is accessible to you) just by using your satellite receiver and a portable TV.

Didn't the last installer offer to change the LNB for you?