get Digital

ilpresident

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020, Stab HH120, Multiboot - OoZoon, Enigma 2 PCD 9, Nemesis
My Location
Malta
How can I use my 2metre dish with one lnb, to se astra and hotbird. I have tried to fit 2 lnb's, but the offset one (astra) had 50% signal strength and 0% signal quality (which gave me no picture).
I am in Malta.

Thanks,

Chris

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-Jan-02 AT 05:37 PM (GMT)]Chris, it may well be that the bracket for the LNB needs to be bent slightly and pulled toward the dish, bear in mind that your dish mount is probably perfectly vertical and the satellites are at different heights on the horizon. The skew will also be different as will the focal length to the offset LNB if the bracket is at rightangles to the arm. A bit of fiddling should get an improvement. If you have an analogue receiver to rough tune it, you can then fine tune for digital. Download the Swedish Microwave Calculator for finding the correct skew. http://www.smw.se

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If its an offset dish then you have to set the dish up on Astra and have the offset LNB set on Hotbird

A prime focus dish is going to have great trouble getting both satellites

Can it be motorised (a simple mod on non polarmount dishes would be to replace the locking bar with a motor or even a hand crank)