Getting sky digital and hotbird on same dish.

B

blackninja

I've heard there is a way of receiving sky digital and hotbird on the same fixed 60/80cm dish. How do I do this? Sorry - I'm a total novice. Can I receive all the channels at the same fixed position? What is this position?

Also I realise I'll have to replace the sky digital dish. Bearing in mind I've never put up a dish before how should I do this without causing myself too much damage (the dish is attached to a shed rather than the house so I can reach it without a ladder).

Sorry about all these questions. Hope someone can help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
An 80cm dish with two LNBs using an offset bracket will achieve your aim, but it is not an ideal installation and can be fiddly to set up. You would be far better using a second dish and running in a separate cable to a switch.

Rolf

TB

Reaction score
blackninja, I'm about to try this out. At the moment I got my $ky digital zone 2 dish pointing at hotbird and got good reception, even in monsoon weather I still get most of the channels!!

I now gotta get a bracket thingy and somehow get a $ky box, dont know how 2 play it, whether 2 buy 1 out of loot or get a "free" 1 off of $ky. Thing is $ky blokey gonna come round and wanna put another dish up, which obviously I dont want. I dont suppose I could reason with him to just give me the box and go, as he gotta ring up $ky etc etc.

I'm thinking trying to set up the dish first, see if it works by tuning in $ky channels on my echostar, if its up and running hopefully $ky blokey just plug box in and he can go, having an afternoons pay for not doing much!!

I'll keep you posted!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-May-02 AT 08:10 PM (GMT)]You can be sure that he'll be quite happy to capitalise on your effort TB, he'll probably even leave the dish as a spare for you. You may have to make your own bracket to fit the Zone 2 Minidish, the standard is designed for a bolt through LNB holder You could probably get away with a piece of thin plate aluminiumand drill so that it can be bolted through the boom arm.

Rolf