Getting Started

My Location
St Maarten: The Caribbean
I've been connected to cable for too long now and want to up grade to satellites. I heard of the DreamBox and liked it very much but I don't know much about it. I need to learn many things starting on where to buy it, how to install it where I live here in the caribbean and so forth. Is there fee that need to paid once connected???
I'm as a newbie as I can be, I don't know anything but I'm very eager to learn every thing I need to.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Dreambox is certainly a nice tool, not sure how much it will benefit you though, as I have no idea of what satellite services are receivable in your area.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Look at the 'DreamBox and Software information' forum, that will answer many of your questions.

No, you don't need to pay a fee once connected.

My Location
St Maarten: The Caribbean
I'm in the Caribbean sea, very close to the virgin islands, with a 6 feet dish I can pick up any satellite from the US. There are lots of Satellite possibilities from here so that's not a problem. Cable TV quality sucks big time (its not digital) and out of 40 channels I can only watch, if I get lucky, 10 channels only and rest is garbage. The worst part of all is that at the price that I paid for cable, like $45 a month, I know for sure I could do much better if hooted to a satellite receiver.