Advice Needed Getting the signal to my Sat box question.

Fi etide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyPlus
My Location
Preston
I have just moved into a new flat, the flat has been converted from a normal two story house; I’m on the ground floor. The sat cable comes into what was the front room, but is now my bedroom which is good because I don’t need to fork out for the installation or dish. The problem is that my main room is now at the other end of the house where my TV and Sat box will be. I have a Sky Plus box but only get the free channels ( at the moment) I hope to upgrade to a sky HD box soon when I have the cash. I have Cable internet which comes into the same room at the same point but I have got around this using wall socket senders to my PC. Is there a same thing for Sat signals ? I don’t want to cable through the whole flat as its brand new inside and I don’t think the landlord would be happy with me drilling through several walls.
Now the more tricky question.. they have wired up both the living room and the bedroom with a normal terrestrial TV socket. Both coaxes go to a splitter box. All the cables going into the box are labelled so I can tell which is which. My thought .. and this is why I need your help, is to buy two satellite signal sockets replace the aerial ones and then using a suitable connecter, put the bedroom and living room cables together , creating a closed loop. But before I rush out to buy the needed equipment I would like your thoughts on whether it will work or fail ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You need one independent cable feed for each tuner if you want to use the full capabilities of the pvr on the HD box. Therefore you need to run another cable from the dish to the new location.

There are no senders for shifting satellite signals via the electrics so you will need to find yourself a suitable cable run.

Fi etide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyPlus
My Location
Preston
You need one independent cable feed for each tuner if you want to use the full capabilities of the pvr on the HD box. Therefore you need to run another cable from the dish to the new location.

There are no senders for shifting satellite signals via the electrics so you will need to find yourself a suitable cable run.

Thanks for the reply , I dont record much TV tbh, would the secound solution work by using the exsiting terrestrial TV acable ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It might work, but it depends on how good the cable is.

Normal tv coax isnt rated for the high frequencies used by satellite lnb's

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the TV cable is not suitable, then you can always use a stacker/destacker for the second feed.

Fi etide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyPlus
My Location
Preston
It might work, but it depends on how good the cable is.

Normal tv coax isnt rated for the high frequencies used by satellite lnb's

Ok thanks , I'll check what type of cable they used :) I'll post back if it works.

Fi etide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyPlus
My Location
Preston
If the TV cable is not suitable, then you can always use a stacker/destacker for the second feed.

I Rolfw sorry I'm new to this whats a stacker/destacker please ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A bit of kit designed by Beelzebub. :D

They supposedly allow you to push 2 satellite signals down 1 cable but they either work brilliantly or dont work at all.

I know of 1 retailer who stopped selling them as they were so troublesome and most sold were getting returned.

Fi etide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyPlus
My Location
Preston
A bit of kit designed by Beelzebub. :D

They supposedly allow you to push 2 satellite signals down 1 cable but they either work brilliantly or dont work at all.

I know of 1 retailer who stopped selling them as they were so troublesome and most sold were getting returned.

Again thanks for the answers :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
To be fair its been a few years since the retailer stopped selling them, so things may have improved. The installer lads will be able to tell you if they have better reliability nowadays.

Fi etide

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyPlus
My Location
Preston
To be fair its been a few years since the retailer stopped selling them, so things may have improved. The installer lads will be able to tell you if they have better reliability nowadays.

LMAO ! you wont believe it but I was actually looking for a company called Beelzebub who make signal stackers !! DOH Noob lol, now I know what I’m looking for :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member