Gibertini 1M XP Premium

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Hi,

Rather than wait for someone to turn up to give me a hand I decided to try and install this on my own. Luckily the dish can be accessed with only a two section (loft!!) ladder as it's less than 3 metres from the ground.

I first unpacked everything and assembled the dish in the living room to make sure there were no missing parts. It all went together brilliantly and I was impressed by the additional nuts welded onto the bottom of the wing nuts, the plastic inserts on the nuts to hold the dish surface onto the mount and the hinged cast metal lnb holder, with a bolted and sprung allen keyed arrangement to hold it onto the arm. If you had a couple of spare holders it would make swapping over lnb's really simple. The allen key clips onto a plastic mount stuck onto the dish bracket so it's available whilst working on the dish outside.

I took it all apart and installed the dish mount onto the motor stub, trying to ensure it went on in line with the centre of the stub. I then installed the dish support bracket with attached lnb and arm and wired up my lnb to the motor.

Now for the difficult part. I thought it would be fairly easy to offer up the actual dish surface to the support bracket, fitting and tightening the bolts whilst up the ladder. I did it but it wasn't easy, trying to lean backwards, hold the dish and a screwdriver in the bolt end whilst tightening on the back with a small ratchet socket.

If I were taller than 5'4" or blessed with extra long arms it would have been more straightforward and I would not contemplate this method higher than gutter level. Even then I would use a standoff and rope myself up.

I set the dish elevation to the same (25°) mark as I had had on the Triax, although the azimuth required a little more adjustment than the elevation. In all the install took just over two hours.

I did rough alignments with a cheap needle/tone meter so it will require finer adjustments with the aid of a tv and receiver. Luckily I can place these where I can easily see them while tinkering.I'll post transponder results comparing it with my Triax TD88 later this week if I get time.

Pete

Attachments

• 1M Gibi awaiting assembly.JPG
    1M Gibi awaiting assembly.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Waiting for the dish surface to be mounted.jpg
    Waiting for the dish surface to be mounted.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Close up of dish mount and lnb arm.JPG
    Close up of dish mount and lnb arm.JPG
    379.3 KB · Views: 240
  • It's up!.jpg
    It's up!.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 214
  • It's up (2).JPG
    It's up (2).JPG
    325 KB · Views: 211

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
* Clarke Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus * Gibertini 104 cm * Invacom TNH-031 0.3dB * Diablo 2 + CAS 3 plus * motor GT SAT - DM15AT * 53°E - 58°W in USALS * Full HD LG Scarlet 42lg7000 * Western Digital HD TV Player Live *
My Location
NL+IT
Congratulations Pete! Very nice set up and fine design...I'm curious to read the gain...especially because of the Ultra black :-)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Nice install Pete.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
nice install, pete strange choice of dish colour would have thought grey would look better against your house.

but anyway who cares about that little detail.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
Wod,

Actually the Triax was light grey and it rather stood out so I thought the red might blend in a bit better. It may fade over the autumn/winter. At least it doesn't have 'Gibertini' plastered over the front! Anyway when I get the Andrews.........................:-rofl2

Pete

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
yes and watch out you be adding another bracket and getting the gibertini 1.2 as it never stops at 1m dish.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Wod,

No, I think it stops here ;) I have various projects to be carried out on the house (double glazing, new staircase, repairing the roof and a new septic tank) so new satellite dishes, of any make, size or colour will have to wait till summer next year!!!

Pete

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Good stuff - love the colour!

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
* Clarke Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus * Gibertini 104 cm * Invacom TNH-031 0.3dB * Diablo 2 + CAS 3 plus * motor GT SAT - DM15AT * 53°E - 58°W in USALS * Full HD LG Scarlet 42lg7000 * Western Digital HD TV Player Live *
My Location
NL+IT
sonnetpete said:
Wod,

No, I think it stops here ;) I have various projects to be carried out on the house (double glazing, new staircase, repairing the roof and a new septic tank) so new satellite dishes, of any make, size or colour will have to wait till summer next year!!!

Pete

sorry Pete but I agree with Wod...the place is not exposed ...I would go even further than 1.2 cm ;). At the contrary, I have to stop at 1.0 cm being exposed and in a windy Country :)...

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I fear that any 'dish improvements' will have to wait as my 'plastic' is in meltdown.

Lauro, I'm sure it was a typo, but I seem to have already gone beyond "1.2cm" :):)

Pete

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Well, I must have got something right, picked up this at 5:15pm my time this afternoon!!

Pete

Attachments

• DSCI0039.JPG
    DSCI0039.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 150

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Oooh! "H" !

:-righton

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
:)Ops...I meant 1.2 meter :)

I will also check that frequency :)...but allow me to tell you that I just ordered an Inverto Black Ultra single...it's gonna be "show time" on our Gibertini's HumpingHumpingHumping

I checked that frequency but not signal at all...do you get the 4 Al Jazera sport @12284V? And do you know why I can watch them if they are encripted in Irdeto 2?

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Lauro,

You mean this?:toke: Not encrypted as far as I can see

Pete

Attachments

• JSC Sports 1.JPG
    JSC Sports 1.JPG
    286.4 KB · Views: 110

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
sonnetpete said:
Lauro,

You mean this?:toke: Not encrypted as far as I can see

Pete

Yes..that's the one...but only now I realized you are not in UK but in France...right?

Finally I got why we do see those channels: it is due to our firmwares as TM and CT are the same receivers :-)

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Yes, but Northern France, about the same latitude as Paris I think. I'm not sure how much difference it makes to Nilesat reception, but obviously some:):)

Pete

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
sonnetpete said:
Yes, but Northern France, about the same latitude as Paris I think. I'm not sure how much difference it makes to Nilesat reception, but obviously some:):)

Pete

Well we are distant 4 or 5 hours of difference;) anyway we are happy for what we got...aren't we? :toke::toke::toke:

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
LAURO2008 said:
Well we are distant 4 or 5 hours of difference;) anyway we are happy for what we got...aren't we? :toke::toke::toke:

yes, for now...............................................:-rofl2

Pete

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Lauro,

When you receive your 'Black Ultra' (why did they have to think of a name which sounds like a condom?) you might want to try it pushed towards the dish focus by 3cm. I was tinkering a little last night and found that worked best for me. By the way I was still receiving 'H' transponders from Nilesat at about 10:30 this morning!

Pete