Just Sharing This Glitching channels at high signal

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
so I was watching tv in the kitchen (one sat feed 28.2) - on Saturday and i noticed glitching and signal going from 16.8db to 13db and up again, on some channels (Forces TV, Sky News (sd) - Ii thought it was being caused by the rain...but yesterday, on a fine day, i noticed same thing - the LNB was fairly new, under a year old, anyway, i swapped it out, problem went away.

LNB looked ok when i removed it,, and no obvious damage, however, i do wonder what caused it, could it be nearby 4G\interference signals, which the LNB might have been susceptible to?

answers on a postcard, pls

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Did the signal vary on all transponders or just those with noticeable glitches?

Moisture in the connector after the rain? Slightly loose connection? Central heating pump switching on and off?

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
not all channels (i dont think)- it might have affected either just H or V channels maybe ...couldnt see any moisture \ wet connections, and used same ones on replaced LNB - when issue went away.
not central heating pump as the glitching was too regular

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Did the signal vary on all transponders or just those with noticeable glitches?

Moisture in the connector after the rain? Slightly loose connection? Central heating pump switching on and off?
Do you recall a recent Topic from a guy with a portable set-up who had a similar problem ? What LNB was he using - I wonder if it's a brand or batch issue?

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Do you recall a recent Topic from a guy with a portable set-up who had a similar problem ? What LNB was he using - I wonder if it's a brand or batch issue?

It was an Inverto 40mm wideband LNB. There was also a fella in Scotland who had similar trouble, he was using an Inverto Black Ultra twin.

edit: The wideband LNB was replaced with an identical model which also had the same problem. In the end it was replaced with a Labgear Hybrid LNB.

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
^^^^^^^^^^

Tnx.

@manikm909 , what brand/model is the suspect LNB?

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
hey mate, it was an ICECRYPT LNB =- came with the dish.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Aha. Some Icecrypt LNBs don't have the F socket at bottom dead centre, which leads to confusion when adjusting skew.

Exactly which Icecrypt is it and can you bung up a couple of pics?

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
nah I chucked it - and the bin men have been since.
merry christmas all!

Anorak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have a Zone 2 dish mounted on the floor. I have access to a number of LNB's and a decent meter.
My Location
Stoke-on-Trent
Unlikely to be an issue with Inverto but some LNB's are still not RED compliant and can be more susceptible to interference from 4G/5G etc. There is a statutory statement required on all radio equipment, if it's not there it's not compliant and could be a problem.