Global CAM

mickbarlow

Reaction score
Whats the story with this Global CAM, does i really work as it claims to?

"The next-generation multi-functional CAM. Compatible with all CI-equipped receivers. Currently supports Irdeto, Irdeto II, Seca, Seca 2, Viaccess, Viaccess II, BetaCrypt, Nagravision and Cryptoworks. Works with any type of official and unofficial card"

Anybody tried it?

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Wish I knew,

I've checked a few forums about it. Seems that the old MM is flavour of the year. I'd get one if I had some feedback. No way I'm posting to Tunisia for it:D

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
It is just a copy of the MM but it only has 1MB Flash where the real MM has 2MB Flash.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Applauds go to theslydog - his statement is absolutely right to the best of my knowledge. :-cheers

To add my 2 p:

There is a firmware file called GlobeCrypt (currently v.2.04, I believe) which claims to support Cryptoworks. It actually loads into Magic Module just fine.
Reliable sources, however, confirmed, that it is Hex-equivalent to Penta v.1.04 and therefore Cryptoworks decryption is a myth. )(-red
In any case if Crypto thing was real - are there any keys/ files for this encoding?

I would not buy the Global CAM personally, as there is no support for it whatsoever. :(

Regards