Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28.2°E, 19.2°E, 16°E
TechniSat HD PVR
Kaon HD set-top-box
My Location
Northern Germany
Hey guys!

I bought the Kaon HD receiver via TRINGSAT with a 6-month-subscription of the Gold package which was delivered last Thursday. I had a viewing card a year ago and everything worked fine then, even the activation was automatically. I didn't care in the first two days that nothing worked but then phoned the shop which advised me to text him my viewing card number. It doesn't work until now - the receiver always says "No Access" on all the channels, signal quality is fine and the viewing is 'recognised' by the Kaon with the remark 'Preview' and two expired dates in the CA menu. I send them an email but I don't really trust in their cordiality and desire to support clients after that phone call on Saturday.

Did you have similar procedures and did turn out all right?

Cheers
Dan

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
do you see any other information in the cam menu of the kaon?
call the hotline again,to send rectivaiton signal!
what type of kaon receiver do you have?

arte

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28.2°E, 19.2°E, 16°E
TechniSat HD PVR
Kaon HD set-top-box
My Location
Northern Germany
Hello!

I have just found the issue which was the wrong number printed onto the card. The last digit was different from the CAM menu.

I've got te KSF-S660 HD.

I sent them another text message so that they can give it another try. ;)

arte

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28.2°E, 19.2°E, 16°E
TechniSat HD PVR
Kaon HD set-top-box
My Location
Northern Germany
Hello!

It still doesn't work! :( They don't reply to my mails and text messages. I think I'll ring them again tomorrow. What I think is rummy is that in the Kaon receiver CA menu the viewing card number ends with 4735-8 and in my TechniSat with 4735-7. How can that be using the same card?

Any help well appreciated!

Dan

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
could it be posible that the albanian package maried the receiver with the card also?
some told me in my local pizzera,where the owner is albanian,that this now hppens only on the hd channels!
then you need the orginal kaon receiver,from your operator,looks very simular to the 660 kaon what i also use here,but the os software seems to be diffrent!

ask your operator,about this !
when it avtivated one time,in orginal receiver,then maybe it never works again on a conax ci modul,coz the camcrypt key,of the orginal box is missing!
this is all what i can say about it!

arte

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28.2°E, 19.2°E, 16°E
TechniSat HD PVR
Kaon HD set-top-box
My Location
Northern Germany
Thanks again! I rang ***** twice again on Saturday until the channels came clear! But now it works with me being really impressed by the HD quality which I expected to be a lot inferior to Sky - it is a bit worse but not too much to moan about! I'm looking forward to 16 games in HD this weekend now. :)

Cheers
Dan