Good News For ZEE Viewers

almond

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega CD-1006S
My Location
N. Delhi
hi, I am new subscriber to this Zee's Dish TV thing. But even being in Delhi and even though I have placed the dish on the roof of the building with a clear line of sight I am not assured a good signal quality on quite a few TP's. And thus I am unable to get quite a few channels like Asiapac, TV5 french, Asianet Plus, Asianet News, CNN Int etc.

At the best the signal quality is 50-60% and on the TP's that carry the channels that I am unable to view, it is 35-40%.

Does anybody have any solution to this problem ??

Hareesh

Reaction score
Website
www.tagtag.com
My Satellite Setup
Sat:Insat 4 B and NSS 6
Platform:DD Direct+
STB:Eurobox 9700+CI
System:Celeron D 2.8 GHz,Fedora Core 6 and Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.
My Location
Kasaragod,Kerala,South India.
almond said:
hi, I am new subscriber to this Zee's Dish TV thing. But even being in Delhi and even though I have placed the dish on the roof of the building with a clear line of sight I am not assured a good signal quality on quite a few TP's. And thus I am unable to get quite a few channels like Asiapac, TV5 french, Asianet Plus, Asianet News, CNN Int etc.

At the best the signal quality is 50-60% and on the TP's that carry the channels that I am unable to view, it is 35-40%.

DISH/LNB alignment probs?Usually I am getting 80% level and 98% Quality from NSS6 for the DD platform.

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HOTBIRD 4/6 & NSS6 ON ZENEGA CD-1005S with 1 CI-slot & 1 smart-card reader (CONAX Embedded), DISEqC SWITCH, MATRIX O3ZONE LOADED WITH UCAS3.2 & MR 1.220
My Location
India
almond said:

i am based 3hrs away from delhi, and get 30-50% signal quality on all the tps. but i dont find a problem with it. the picture does not crack and hang. i am receiving all the channels. check out the tp on which the HBO is broadcasted, it is the weakest tp, and should get atleast 30% signal quality. if it is less try aligning your dish.

almond

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zenega CD-1006S
My Location
N. Delhi
Ok, my problem has been resolved by the folks at Dish TV technical dept. I was helped by a guy named Shahid Zaman. This is what he said.

I was advised to turn my LNB (just the LN:cool: 2 degrees to the left.

Then proceed to retune the STB.

I am now getting a new menu list which has TV-5 Asia, Asiapac, Asianet Plus, Asianet News, HBO, Filmazia, Movie On Demand 1,2,3 and CNN etc.

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HOTBIRD 4/6 & NSS6 ON ZENEGA CD-1005S with 1 CI-slot & 1 smart-card reader (CONAX Embedded), DISEqC SWITCH, MATRIX O3ZONE LOADED WITH UCAS3.2 & MR 1.220
My Location
India
fahim007 said:
Put a filter in you Ku Lnb it works good.

why are you not providing the s/w through some different forum to prove your claim

satpalchat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VBOX
My Location
INDIA
fahim007 said:
After 2-3 days.

You better lodge your software in RDI forum. There is no banning rules in that forum and most popular forum ever (on Sat world)

vehla_jatt

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i have matrix reborn with mrb 312 loaded on it..dish tv and 10 feet ku band dish covering 13*E & 26*E..also covering 68*e to 108*e with only one 8 feet c- band o
My Location
faridkot,state:-punjab,india
As DTH (direct-to-home) television strengthens its roots in India, Dish TV, a venture from the Essel Group, which also owns Zee Telefilms, plans to venture to the next level and introduce two new concepts – ‘Movies on Demand’ and ‘Digital Video Recording’.

Speaking to agencyfaqs!, Sunil Khanna, CEO, Dish TV, says, “Movies on Demand is the first such initiative in India and will hit the nation by the end of October. It is based on a pay-per-view basis. Viewers can book their choice of movie via SMS or a phone call and the movie will get activated in their set-top box for 24 hours.”

He continues, “This concept is remarkably unique because on any satellite channel, movie timings usually stretch to more than fours hours due to advertising. However, in the pay-per-view model, the timings will be limited to the exact length of the feature film as there will be no ad breaks. Moreover, since it is digital, the quality of the transmission will be far superior.”

The movies available will go beyond the existing ones in the Zee library and include new releases. Khanna says, “Mostly, we will showcase newly released movies, for which we are getting into a revenue sharing arrangement with film producers.”

The movies will cost the viewers Rs 40 per view. Dish TV also has separate annual subscription tariff plans, one at Rs 3,990 for 75 channels and the other at Rs 4,990 for 130 channels.

Dish TV’s second venture is called Digital Video Recording. This will be launched in November.

Talking about this venture, Khanna says, “It is more like a personal video recording. It is a set-top box with a hard disc, which costs Rs 16,000. Digital Video Recording serves three purposes at the same time. One, if you are watching television and are interrupted for any reason, the set-top box will record the rest of the programme for you. Two, you can watch one channel and simultaneously record programmes on six other channels. Three, if you don’t want to miss a programme while you are away from home, you can programme the set-top box to record it for you.”

Currently, Dish TV has more than five lakh subscribers, of which 25 per cent is based in Gujarat and Maharashtra. Talking about the subscription initiatives, Khanna says, “Currently, we register more than 3,000 subscribers per day and we expect to touch a one million subscriber base by the end of this financial year. Recently, we have observed that people buying plasma television sets, LCDs or any other high-end television sets are opting for Dish TV. Although we do not have any official association with any television company, television dealers, especially in the smaller towns, are guiding such buyers to opt for Dish TV.”

Apart from these two ventures, Dish TV will also foray into gaming and interactive television in the next six months.

raja1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.3m meshdish recieveing asiasat3s
My Location
melbourne,australia
hi fahim
i can recieve asiasat3s and i can recieve all zee channels but they are encrypted.if you got any software can you please help me with this.my email is **..raja*optusnet.com.au**
thanks
raja