good receiver for u.a.e

nish2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i would like to joine
My Location
india
i would like to buy one receiver to view most scrambled channel, which is the best model of receiver for using in u.a.e

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
nish2005 said:
i would like to buy one receiver to view most scrambled channel, which is the best model of receiver for using in u.a.e

Nobody can possibly answer a question like that with so few parameters, what is your definition of best?, best picture? best tuner? best software?

btw I am sure I read a post a year or so back saying they confiscate stb's on entry to U.A.E so be warned

d122k7trb

Judas Priest
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IClass Receiver
2 Premium X LNBs Hotbird+ Nilesat
120" Dish

Computer system:
AMD Phenom Quad quad core 9750
4GB DDR2 Bus 800 RAM
MB: Asus Crosshair
1 TB Seagate Barracuda 32 MB cache
22" LCD Widescreen Samsung 226BW
SB X-Fi Xtreme
My Location
Armenia, ME: The Arab Countries
In U.A.E., you'll find tons of lots of stuff in American and Canadian style. What I've experienced more is that:

1) They're much more familiar to those kinds of stuffs instead of European ones.
For instance: you’ll see American & Canadian Amps, CD – Players or speakers

2) You’ll never see a Japanese CD labels to buy such as Toshiba EMI, or SPV of Germany.

3) The weather in there is extremely hhhhhhooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttt at least for 60 to 70 degree centigrade. Some special products will be finding there in that country.

For receivers, I've to say that, star-sat or techno-sat are the best choices and are resistable against any kind of damages

Arbi.