Good S/N on aDB + 90cm Wavemaster ?

mrdutchpl

Reaction score
Finally got my setup mounted and working. That is: DB7000 + 90cm Wavemaster + 2 LNB of type: "Golden insterstar .3dB" diseq switched.
I am aiming for hotbird 13.0 + astra 19.2
So far, the hotbird S/N is between 70% and 80%
Astra is between 60% and 75%

If I move my box to the living (instead of next to the dish), Astra is difficult to receive except for some channels. I didn't see any correlation between good and bad channels and HOR/Ver of the frequency.

I don't trust the cable from the dish to the living that was previously used for the TV antenna but before changing, I'd like to know what S/N is enough and what is the max S/N people got out of this kind of setup. I may have to tweak the dish a bit more. Before changing the cable.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the cable is a single screen UHF cable, then it will suffer huge loss and needs to be replaced with a proper double screened satellite cable, WF100, CT100 or equivalent, even the cheaper Alisat cable would produce dramatically improved performance.

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
with two very strong sats you should be getting more - on an 85cm dish in S Wales I always get >80%