Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
And so the long drawn out saga of Gretna FC staggers towards the final curtain call.

No squad, no staff, no last minute rescue, and as of today no league membership, and its only a few days and a matter of time until the club is obliterated forever .

As a Borders side and also just about the nearest scottish league club to my adopted home town they gave me a club to "follow" in the weekly scores after they joined the league - eerily enough their promotion to Div 3 came in the wake of the demise of Airdrieonians after they also got into dreadful financial difficulties back in 2002.

The rapid rise through the Scottish football leagues has been well documented elsewhere, but their rapid demise since March has left me saddened - is there really no place left in major league football for the minnows these days?

I hope fellow Borders side Annan gets their place in Div 3 next season - then I'll have another "local club" to follow through the divisions...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes a great shame, but climbed too far too quickly, relying solely on the money of their owner. Was almost a fairy tale success whilst it lasted.