Goodmans freesat receiver

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Does anybody have experience with the Goodmans GFSAT100SD receiver?
The problem I have is that on installing this receiver here in Cyprus on a 3m dish( which receives 2D very good) is I get the message that the signal is less than 50% and I should check the alignment of the dish(cheeky box !).
I cannot get rid of this message and cannot access the menu.In fact I have pressed all buttons on the remote and apart from on/off nothing happens.
I have connected a normal digibox and the signals are fine.Someone mentioned that it might be looking for a certain frequency from Eurobird(11.482H) which I cannot recxeive here. There must be a way of over riding a default frequency like the digibox does ?
Any ideas ?

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
I don't have one but I think the freesat EPG (and possibly other data stream) come/s from Eurobird 1; so perhaps the box is looking for EB 'good alignment' rather than 2D 'good alignment'.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
As said in the other thread Zorba might be a problem for you over there. Canaries other way round Fixed but no S1. I'm going out soon, I'll take one out and see. :)

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Thanks mate,and find out if there any "secret" menus or buttons to press :)
No clues on goodmans website.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Would it appear that the tuner sensitivity of freesat receivers are not so good afterall :D