Google Earth flight sim...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
A nifty little built in toy that google earth has hidden away inside it's aerial photographic world... :D

_http://earth.google.com/intl/en/userguide/v4/flightsim/index.html

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Strange, wouldn't work on mine. :)

Update, you need the latest version, just updating. :)

[tube]O7z6Yxs69rQ[/tube]

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
rolfw said:
Strange, wouldn't work on mine. :)

Update, you need the latest version, just updating. :)

[tube]O7z6Yxs69rQ[/tube]

Just a little note, sometimes you have to fiddle with the key sequence before it'll open, some people have had success by pressing CTRL then A then ALT, dunno why that works, but it does, and yes, you need the latest version... :D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I congratulate the Google team for including the space section (Google sky) in the later packages. Makes finding a particular object much easier for the armchair astronomer.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I'm getting the hang of the flight sim in GE, I'm only using an orphaned Medion gamepad, but it's pretty fun flying over familiar places... :D

I'm just using the F16 to try to fly to 'merica, just to see how long it would take at about 540MPH.... :D

Oh, and once you get into the Flight sim, you can start it up later by going to Tools->Start Flight Sim... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The prog is crash prone (and Im not talking about smashing an F16 into the Himalayas - should you ever get me as your pilot I suggest you get out and walk!)

Ive only been playing 15 minutes and the prog has exited 5 times so far....

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Updated to latest version, will not fire up on mine, tried all the combinations all I get is á or lots of ááááááá's

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Topper said:
Updated to latest version, will not fire up on mine, tried all the combinations all I get is á or lots of ááááááá's

Make sure you click on the image pane first, then do the key combo (personally, to get it going I just pressed A and ALT alternately whilst holding CTRL until something happened!!!), after that you should be able to use the Tools menu to fire it up.... :)

As for it crashing, maybe you have a graphics driver issue or a dodgy PC Analoguesat? :confused

I got bored flying over the atlantic, barely got over the ridge between the plates when I decided to ditch it in the ocean... :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
PC should be ok - its a failry standard Dell - although running Google Earth, Media Player and PCTV Vision for my TV card may heve been pushing things a bit too far :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Analoguesat said:
PC should be ok - its a failry standard Dell

That explains it then.... :D

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Does Ctrl + A not work for you Topper? Works for me, but the combos on the site mentioned above don't work for me :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
PoloMint said:
Does Ctrl + A not work for you Topper? Works for me, but the combos on the site mentioned above don't work for me :)

clicked on the graphics screen ALT A bingo thanks you two just going to put on my biggles outfit :eek::-rofl2Humping

EDIT

I'm good at two things on this

Barrel rolls and crashing :-rofl2:-rofl2:-rofl2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, me too. :-lmao

May have to buy a joystick. ;)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Topper said:
clicked on the graphics screen ALT A bingo thanks you two just going to put on my biggles outfit :eek::

Do you ever take it off ?:toke:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Topper said:
clicked on the graphics screen ALT A bingo thanks you two just going to put on my biggles outfit :eek::-rofl2Humping

EDIT

I'm good at two things on this

Barrel rolls and crashing :-rofl2:-rofl2:-rofl2

It's not as bad as wearing a starfleet uniform when playing Star Trek: Bridge Commander (not myself though, I don't own one yet... :D )... :-rofl2

I'm good at crashing too, but I do that intentionally, especially when I try to land the F16... :D

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Channel Hopper said:
Do you ever take it off ?:toke:

Only when I get a helping from SWMBO :eek: