Got 30W to 28E but no 39E or 42E

Lord Minty

DIY motorised
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.3dB Fortec Star lnb, 90cm Fortec Star dish, Silver Crest SL65 receiver, Stab HH90 motor...
My Location
Bedford
Well the recent winds over the past few months had completed screwed my reception which only previously consisted of 7E to 43E, so I had no choice but to realign my dish as the elevation was way out.

It's all gone remarkably well and for the first time I've got 28E all the way to 30W and I've even added in 1W and tweaked the reception on it. :cool:

However if I got any further East than 28E I now get nothing at 39E or 42E, which I had previously. :confused

Can anyone suggest why? Or anything else I can try/tweak/check?

Thanks chaps.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to make sure that the elevation setting on the motor is right, then setup the dish on 1W, that should give you the correct arc. It may well be that your arc is too severe or too shallow at the moment.

Lord Minty

DIY motorised
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.3dB Fortec Star lnb, 90cm Fortec Star dish, Silver Crest SL65 receiver, Stab HH90 motor...
My Location
Bedford
Thanks Rolf, I'll take a look at the motor elevation again. Should be a lot easier now I've got 1W stored in the receiver!