GOT BBC BACK in fringe area

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I also got BBC back. Followed instructions DID NOT turn off power and my channels are all where they were e.g. 101, 102, etc. I don't have to go to Other Channels.

I'm in Southern Greece.

Robbiewright

Member of the Big Dish Club
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky plus V3 and a 50 inch plasma screen.
My Location
Cairo, Egypt
Yipppieee, Thanks all!! Works for me in Cairo. What about BBC radio? Should be able to do the same? No? Any thoughts on how long it will last?

anton

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Gazza,
Equally negative here.
I tried the procedure last night, but didnt work,transponder always going back to default +if I wanted to do new installation, before completing it it asked me to report to a SKY phone number (which of course I neither want nor can do) thus the installation always failed.
Tonight I may try the slighthly amended pcmill's way, but what worries me is lynbevington's observation:
''However, using this procedure means I can only now receive the channels under the OTHER CHANNELS category''

Getting the beeb back for a couple of days but losing e.g CH4 and Five which I have always had crystal clear and hoping to still have them for some time (before they decide to follow BBC on 2D)-
this doesnt'seem to me a good trade-off.

What are your ideas on this?

Also, anyone can explain to me how any particular box ''decides''
on its deafult transponder? Does it just pick the strongest one available when installed for the first time?
(in my case it is 11.788 V and I have a Pace 2200)

gazza

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
@anton

i have a pace and a panasonic box and the default transponder is the same in both. i think it is the same for all digiboxes. assuming that the box can see this tp then it will always default back to it. i think the guys that are getting the change in default tp to stay are probably outside the range of this tp

regarding the 'fix' as far as i can make out you can add any channels you like not just beeb eg c4 and c5 but you will not be able to use the epg or access them through 104, 105 etc

presumably if you can get the 'fix' to work via pcmills way and not needing to do a new installation then by switching off the box you should automatically get all your channels back but lose the beeb ones, as the box automatically will go to the default tp. maybe someone can confirm this?

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
@anton

Firstly , the last thing you want to do is a New Instalation .
Here's a brief explanation of what's happening . Basically EVERY transponder on 2A/B/D contains/sends information of all the channel numbers , frequencies etc to the digibox . The main difference with the default TP , 11788 is that it has a complete list of channel programs (2 weeks or so ?) for your EPG . The rest have about 6 hours of programs . The Digibox by default uses 11788 (it's in the software) , but this can be changed .

So basically if your digibox is tuned to any receivable TP then , by default , any BBC channels selected will automatically tune to Astra 2D. What we need to do is setup the box so that it can't see anything from ANY TP . So , we set the Default , in this case to 10773 which is a 2D TP . I've got mine set to 10777 which is a non-existent frequency . The box is now "blind" . Once in this state we can manually Add channels as desired .

If you want to add more channels , CH4 , 5 etc then simply follow the same procedure using services ,4,4 . You can find the frequency information here . That's what I've done . I've only got a FTV card so my list may be a bit smaller that most peoples . Once the BBC stops tx'ing on 2A all we need to do is reset the Default TP back to it's original frequency , 11778 or 11720 or whatever . The box will then retune , update it's listings and we'll lose the BBC for good .

Hope this clarifies thing a bit .

Paul

danirey

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Canary Islands
For lynbevington
Try add channels on 11798H, SR 27.5 FEC 2/3 and you should get your radio stations back to add to your refound BBC TV.

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
For those with a Panny 31 - previously not having any success.

It can work. I shall explain - even though I have a hangover from a belated eurovision party :mad:

Heres what I did. Don't question the method.

Go to OTHER CHANNELS and delete all entries
do the 0-1 Select thing to get to Installer Menu
change default trp to 10.773H / 27.5 / 2/3 Gobbeldygook in other words

Unplug mains from box at box end (wait a bit)
Re-plug mains to box at box end (wait a bit)
(press out of standby) and go to SERVICES
Select ADD CHANNELS

For FTV folks, these transponders will bring up the basics. (all are 27.5 - 2/3)

BBC - 11720 H
Four - 12.168 V
Five - 12.110 H
BBC Radio - 11.798 H
QVC - 12.032 H
TCM - 12.051 V
SKY NEWS - 12.207 V (add SNT2 for fun - News active screens :-)

There will be a number of channels for each of these frequencies. Add the channels at will (don't forget the yellow button prompt to save channels, etc),
Press SKY button on completion
Go to the OTHER CHANNELS menu and select a newly stored channel for a test.

It should be there (for now)! :D

Mark.

P.S. Further tests: don't worry if the box goes off and starts searching for listings, or, if you need to turn off the box. Nothing seems to reset all your hard work.

mayflower

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
corfu
GOT IT............THANK U ONE AND ALL!!!
I did have to do the box switch off in the end because it was the only way to stop it going back to default.

is this just till end may?
So far here u need a 3m dish (n. greece/corfu) to get itv and people with this are also getting bbc. i have a 2.40 and have been assured that it will be possible to get the bbc poss. with a change of lnb so i will advise if this works. i also dont seem to have got sky one back. thanks again

frassle

Non-Activated User
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Cyprus
I really wouldn't expect you to need a 3m dish in Corfu. In Cyprus we can get it intermittently on a 2.4 and sready on a 2.7 offset. Now we have an abundance of 1.9 and 2.2 dishes that nobody wants. Anyone over Spain way that wants to import?

Talc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by mljgmljg
For those with a Panny 31 - previously not having any success.
P.S. Further tests: don't worry if the box goes off and starts searching for listings, or, if you need to turn off the box. Nothing seems to reset all your hard work.

Many many thanks Mark, I got it to work on my Panny 30

just a couple of points

1) could you contact Expat or post this info on www.astra2d.co.uk I would do this myself but I think you deserve the credit

2) To get back to default (i.e. you want to see the menue, some of the other channels or on that eventual sad day when beeb goes for good, you need to

go back into installer menu
press red default button and
unplug mains from box and replug

If you want to get back to bbc later you do not need to deleate 'Other Channels', Just change default transponder , unplug, replug again

once again many thanks mark and everyone else for your suggestions

skyoutUK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8m, Lenson Heat 80cm triple feed 13° 19° & 28°, Triax TD110 with Jeager SuperJack, sky+ Pace v2, Panasonic TU-DSB20, Humax 5400, no name FTA and heap of old analogue receivers
My Location
right next to the big dish
mljgmljg I tried your method unfortunately it DID NOT work on my Panasonic TU-DSB20 out of desperation I tried with New Installation IT FINALLY WORKED.

If everything else fails try this:

service
Select
change default transponder to some frequency you don't receive 10.999 H for example
Save New Settings
select
New Installation
Select (Wait)
Back
Back
Add Channels
11.720 H 27.5 2/3
Find Channels > select
Choose what channels you want to save with yellow key
select
select
services
Chose channel you want to watch and select

This way of course you lose all EPG stored channels and you can only watch ones saved thru add channel in Services. To restore EPG just change default transponder back to 11.778 V then press TV Guide and wait for it to scan and then press sky, everything is back in it's place apart from BBC that is!

gazza

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
unplug routine describe above worked for me last night with my panny 30 (just in time for it beeb to be switched off on Fri / Sat?)

still at least the missus got to tape dales wedding last night

anton

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Another happy member to report working unplug routine...

Big thanks for sharing to all you nice guys out there.

@frassle
One day I might take you seriously with the dish import idea as I could be in need of a 2,2 m one. Have to wait first for reports of working sizes though...and they are very scarce - or should I say non existent for my place-Slovakia

Anyway I think we also need to wait a bit for things to steady around the new signal strength

Xilt

Czech member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90 @ 23E,19E,13E,9E,5E,1W | Prodelin 1244 @ 28,2E | VU+DUO4K | NAS | Invacom QDF 031 | Nordix CM-402
My Location
CZ
BIG thanx to everyone on this board, got BBC back just last night. Your advices bought me some more time b4 I´ll be able to finance the new dish.

This way I won´t miss mu favorite epizodes of 24 !!! So guys i owe you one if not more :cool:

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
Has the BBC gone for good from 2A?? I have just noticed that i get the "no signal" message now!!

anton

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OK guys, this is what happened..
Big Brother monitores this forum & seeing as by this morning finally everyone managed to get back to happy they turned it off just to spite us all.

(all right, just babbling some paranoia stuff cos I am gutted, but maybe we should rather communicate in Chinese)

tatty

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
gran canaria
Dearly beloved
we are gathered here today
to say farewell to Auntie Beeb for the small dish users
she stood us well in her lifetime
and supplied us with such delights as
Only fools and eastenders but alas in her latter days
she deserted us wholeheartedly
for this we should be angry but we also must
remember the good times so...its........
fare de well Auntie Beeb...may your license payers
desert you as you have deserted us

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Originally posted by anton
(all right, just babbling some paranoia stuff cos I am gutted, but maybe we should rather communicate in Chinese)

Come late evening, some of us already do Anton. :-cheers