Sweden
..shame, that didnt work for me

danirey

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Canary Islands
Yes, this will work while the Beeb continues to dual broadcast on 2A south and 2D, as the signals are still coming from 2A south.
If you only have a small dish (up to 1.2m) and rely only on the Beeb, you can set your default transponder on to one of 2D, before and after downloading 11720 H into Add Channels.
This way you will not lose your Other Channels, but neither will you get any others unless you put them into Add Channels.

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
@danirey

still no joy here, i did what you said, but it always goes back to the other transporter after i pull the plugs in and out, what is i am doing wrong here?

danirey

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Canary Islands
Start from scratch:
Go into default transponder: change it to 10773H, SR 22000, FEC 5/6, then save new info.
Go back and click new installation: you'll get "no signal", so cancel and go back to default transponder, just check you still have 10773: Save it again, then go to add new channels.
Put in 11720H, SR 25700, FEC 2/3 and find channels.
Save the Beebs you want, then go back to default to check again.
Then you will get "No sat Signal"
Get Other channels, click on BBC One and it should appear. You should not need to unplug.

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
Thanks, all working now, nice!!! I am also installing CH4 and CH5 and few other ones manually so i can still see all i was watching b4.Cheers guys

Talc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by danirey
Start from scratch:
Go into default transponder: change it to 10773H, SR 22000, FEC 5/6, then save new info.
Go back and click new installation: you'll get "no signal", so cancel and go back to default transponder, just check you still have 10773: Save it again, then go to add new channels.
Save the Beebs you want, then go back to default to check again.
Then you will get "No sat Signal"
Get Other channels, click on BBC One and it should appear. You should not need to unplug.

I cant get it to work. How do you change the default transponder?

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
trough the secred menu,
go to services, system setup, then press 0 - 1 - select, there will be another menu with the transponder setting there.
Enjoy it

jno

Reaction score
My Location
Burgenland, Austria
tried this, my default transponder is 10773H and setup as described here but I get "No Satellite Signal is being received" whenever I pick anything from my "Add Channels" menu - are the BBC still broadcasting from this ??

sgar

Reaction score
My Location
Sweden
It works m8 , it really does. It took me e bit the get there but its OK now, and i use Trensporter 10803H.

gazza

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sounds promising i shall try tonight when i get home

shame it is only likely to be for a couple of days

anyone seen all the hassles this change over has caused to uk viewers. apparently a lot of sky dishes were not correctly aligned and a lot of people have lost their bbc channels

anton

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by danirey
Start from scratch:

I would like to try this as well, but my digibox only offers for SR settings 22 or 27,5. I guess it's a deliberate limitation on the box commisioned by SKY (got a Pace SKY DIGIBOX) Or is there any way to override this?
If not, are the Beebs out there on 2A somewhere else, so that I culod use my 22 or 27,5?
THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP ANYONE

jno

Reaction score
My Location
Burgenland, Austria
Still no luck here - "No Satellite Signal is being received". My deafult transponder is 10773H as described here, but when I choose "BBC ONE" from the list in "Add Channels" I get nothing, also no "BBC TWO".

Q1) I am using a scottish registered FTA card, are there any special settings for this?

Q2) Can someone post the whole process again from start to finish (assuming no phone line connection of course) with no errors?

Q3) General question, how long will the BBC keep transmitting using this?

gazza

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
@jno

after you have changed your default transponder can you view any programmes through the normal way

eg 501 sky news or do you get a no signal message

if you can still see sky news or any other channel thorugh the epg then something has not worked for you

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Dear All,

My Panny 31 will not allow any kind of circumventing of the default transponder.

0-1-Select | (input) Default trp to 10.773H/22/5.6 | Save | New Installation | Select | (signal ok) Select | (display) Now scanning | (display) Channel line-up complete | Backup | (select) Default trp | (display reads) 11.778V, etc.

Could someone who has gotten this to work, tell me if they tried this on a Panny 31 and if they were outside the 2D footprint.

Perhaps, this method doesn't apply to all boxes.

Regards,

Mark.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Great!! Got my BBC back! I'm on south coast of Greece and really missed my BEEB. Thanks a million for the info. Now how do I get Radio 2 back??

:D :D :D

mayflower

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
corfu
trying to change transponders and still end up with no bbc and the usual sky progs. after saying put in 'find channels' u say go back to default and check again, u will get no sat signal sign....go back to default what? default transponder or default settings 11720 etc. sorry im probably being totally thinck but ive been thru each step several times and i still end up when i check i have got 11720 and the amended transponder but when i click on bbc1 on other channels i get no sig. and am able to go straight back to sky 1!!