Got My Dreambox 7000s Up & Running

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Have to say thanks for all the help and posts, Cant believe what this box can do. Its so easy looking back now to get it up and running. I still have more to do with it but basically everything I want is there. I think getting the network set up is just a must. Problems I had was downloading images that would just not go onto the DBox. Thought I was doing something wrong until I downloaded some more images and just kept trying them out, until I got it right. The one im using at the minute is the latest hydra lucen 1.082, With
Marys key Bundle 06.10. Loaded this as previous post put me in this direction. Well going out for a few pints and enjoy the rest of me week off. Hope I have a little bit of knowledge to help others.

Rodder

Reaction score
john_graydon said:
Have to say thanks for all the help and posts, Cant believe what this box can do. Its so easy looking back now to get it up and running. I still have more to do with it but basically everything I want is there. I think getting the network set up is just a must. Problems I had was downloading images that would just not go onto the DBox. Thought I was doing something wrong until I downloaded some more images and just kept trying them out, until I got it right. The one im using at the minute is the latest hydra lucen 1.082, With
Marys key Bundle 06.10. Loaded this as previous post put me in this direction. Well going out for a few pints and enjoy the rest of me week off. Hope I have a little bit of knowledge to help others.
I am glad you got it, now if you can help me. I have had mine for a month and still not got it working. I have all the other fta irds, so I have read all I can find to read. I can not get my comupter to conect to it except on Dreamup.The problem I am having is I just dont understand what I am reading. I am not doing it just for free tv I am trying to test all the fta's. Which is a joy to learn. This is my first post on the DreamBox.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Rodder said:
I can not get my comupter to conect to it except on Dreamup.

Can you tell us what your set up is?

i.e. Windows/Mac, Operating system, do you have Broadband, are you using a router, what Ethernet cable are you using - crossover or straight?

Can you connect using the web browser or ftp connection or is it just refusing?

All these will have a part in the answers you get.

The more information you can provide the better the help, don't worry you'll be up an running soon with the help of the the friends you will find here.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
@John
Good to hear you are up and running!
@Rodder: One sure way to see if you are connected to the box is to open up your web browser and put in the IP address of your box. You can then see if you got connection or not. It could be that you might need to be online for that (mine does it for some strange reason). Have a read in the Idiot Guide about this.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Rodder said:
I am glad you got it, now if you can help me. I have had mine for a month and still not got it working. I have all the other fta irds, so I have read all I can find to read. I can not get my comupter to conect to it except on Dreamup.The problem I am having is I just dont understand what I am reading. I am not doing it just for free tv I am trying to test all the fta's. Which is a joy to learn. This is my first post on the DreamBox.

You need to let us know how you have set up your db, (as gameboy suggested) and we will be able to sort you out, read the last few threads as theres a load of info in there to sort you out, Maybe your up and running if so lets know how you did it to help others. John