Got Myself A SkyBox F3

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Admin: feel free to move this if you need to :). (Staff Edit - we do! ;))

HI EVERYONE

I have just bought a SkyBox F3 from Ebay for the sum of £15 but I don't know much about them? What can they do? Are they any good? Sorry for all the questions but I really need some guidance here. Maybe Lazarus can help?

Cheers :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Bog standard generic multi-Sat Rx which was generally (but not always) bought to make use of it the inbuilt selection of Soft Cams.

Their availability on the second-hand market might be due to the fact that the "Gifts" they were commonly supplied with don't work any more.

But I have two of them as my mainstream multi-Sat boxes and find them easy to operate, with a sensitive tuner, and handy for time-shifting (and recording) using the USB PVR feature.

PS: I'll shift the Topic to the dedicated sub-Forum :)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Oh, and the Blind Scan is pretty quick and effective too.

Tony1A

Never going back to Sky TV. Ever!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1100S Freesat Recorder. Medion HD satellite box with Gibertini 1m motorised dish. Triax TD78 for Freesat. Triax TD64 for Freesat to 3 rooms. 2 Panasonic Freeview+ HD recorders.
My Location
North-East England, UK
Cheers for that!! I look forward to getting this little item which was bought on a whim! But for £15, it was worth taking a risk. :)