got the motorise system install

iceburn

Reaction score
OK I got the motorise system install today. So far I manage to move the disc to pick up Astra 1A and hotbird. But so far I can't pick up the other sat, not Astra 2D, Sirus, etc..

The sat disc is Traix 88cm

the Disceq motor is Matthan one
the decoder is the Comag

I can take a photo of of the sat disc in Astra / hotbird position if that will help?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I see from an earlier post that you are in Swansea Iceburn, so your due South satellite should be either 1W or 5W, have you set up the dish on these?

iceburn

Reaction score
umm the installer might of setup to due south sat, but I do not know. He had it setup for hotbird when he left. And from there I pick up Astra 1A-H. One thing through might be the disc (since that got change) or the face that cause it was resetup got better alignment, the picture quality is much better than before, and got channels that before were breaking up :-)

iceburn

Reaction score
ok that will teach me to post at 3/4am! Well update and transate the last message. Since it has been install with the new Sat disc some channels that used to break up on hotbird now does not. This could be cause of better alignment or better sat disc.

Now using the motor and sat meter on Comag I think I found the location of Sirius 2-3, Eutelsat W2, Eutelsat II F3, EuroBird - Astra 2A 2B 2D and Turksat 1B. But when you try and find channels it come up "negative." Is it possible that the installer got the disc angle not 100% correct? so that it can tune into the other channels on hotbird / astra !B - H, but not the other ones? Does anyone live near Swansea :-)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What concerns me is that when installing a dish, it is pretty standard to set up on the nearest Due South satellite, if you cannot scan channels on 1West, then it sounds like the arc may be wrong.

iceburn

Reaction score
so if it was setup for hotbird would that create (possibly) of picking up hotbird and astra but not the others. But if align to 1west sat it will be align for all of them including hotbird and astra?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Sort of. :)

Providing the correct lattitude is set on your motor, the mounting pole is plumb and the setup is alligned as near as dammit to due south, then all of the other sats should fall into place.

iceburn

Reaction score
thanx, well does anyone live near Swansea who can do a small adjustment since I can see trying to get the original installer going to be as easy as to get blood from a stone :-)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You should really get the guy back, or at least talk to him and ask him why he thinks you are unable to get all of the western satellites. If the dish doesn't traverse the arc correctly, it hasn't been set up properly.

K

kalamar

sounds like the "installer" didnt know about setting polar HH arc. so you dont want him back as he cant fix it and will probably cost you more money.Best thing now is to learn how to do it yourself.most new motors come with some instructions,read and re-read. I use the SG-2100 motors to move my Triax 110 cm dish and my Patriot 90 cm dishes.I will do my best to explain for you.
1. Make sure pole is PERFECT verticle from all sides,mount in concrete if possible.
2. Center the motors travel,mine has button on bottom for this.
3. mount motor and dish on pole with lnb arm pointing at due south satellite (use compas)
4. set elevation to find satellite, rock up-down - left-right SLIGHTLY to peak signal.Once maximum signal is found tighten adjustment screws.
5. do not change ELEVATION once it has been set for due south satellite.
6. check satellites west and east to see if it is tracking ok, DO NOT CHANGE ELEVATION again until you fully understand how this all works.
7. If you cant do this,read and read and read, I would not trust anyone else messing with MY motors, you must learn ,thats the fun of it !