Got the MR Cam ...now what do i do.(7-6-04)

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre motorised dish ,Technomate V-box, Spiderbox 7000HD box, Windows0n desktop and laptop,. and couldnt live without Promax Prodig 5 TV Explorer.. Oh , and now ipad - so much easier and convenient
My Location
North Midlands
Just getting aquainted with a new MR cam (version 1.070).
As a newby to this i thought i would look at all the FAQ's ......But i guess i am just to dumb to understand them......It does take some understanding!!
Anyway... if i may ask some questions that come into my mind...It might help answer some of my confusions.
(Oh by the way i still have a old millenium 4 programmer and 3 funcards lying about somewhere)
1. What equipment do i need to upgrade the MR cam version (And is the upgrade worth it)
2. What software do i need to upgrade the MR cam
3.What equipment do i need to upgrade to the latest files
4. What software do i need to upgrade to the latest files
5.What channels can be received without any cards
6.How do i know what channels can be received with the zip update files
7. Can i use my old millenium 4 programmer and funcards to load the updated zip files?
8. Is it all worth the effort!

Thanks to anyone who can help on these questions

malcolm7753

Reaction score
hi workshopete got my matrix a week ago same as you no instructions
go to matrix reloaded on this forum "how to by ahac" told me all i needed to know
good luck malcolm

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre motorised dish ,Technomate V-box, Spiderbox 7000HD box, Windows0n desktop and laptop,. and couldnt live without Promax Prodig 5 TV Explorer.. Oh , and now ipad - so much easier and convenient
My Location
North Midlands
Thanx malc ..have had a look at those ..but still can't comprehend . Will keep reading till it sinks in.

allnighter

Reaction score
hello mate,
now that you got the MR1.070 , you would need to upgrade it to version 1.081, which you can download from links on this site.
you would need to invest in a programmer inorder to do so . i find the CAS INTERFACE2 multi device USB programmer brilliant with the matrix reloaded cam and also the icecrypt cam , magic cam etc..
the programmer is very user friendly , just plug it into a USB port on your computer , install it and hey presto ! you are ready to program your MR by simply inserting it into the programmer just like inserting it into your receiver.
you can get more info on this £50 USB programmer by checking www.duolabs.com , and look for CAS INTERFACE2 programmer.

http://www.ucassupport.nl/casinterface/english/Software.htm in this link you would find the latest version of the MR 1.081.

After you have done all the purchases and the upgrades... inorder to upgrade the keys on your MR 1.081 cam for each service provider or channel you would need this site http://www.rdi-sat.com/nagra.php

As far as channels available on MR 1.081 without any card , you can get:

all the portugeese channels on Hispasat 30 west ,
Tv1000 east on sirius 5 east ,
tps , absat , and multivision , polsat etc on hotbird 13east
taquilla 1-10 on astra 19 east ( but unable to receive it for 4 weeks now)

I hope this info is helpful
regards Barry

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Midlands
Sandy... I have a milleniem 4 programmer and 3 funcards (4th generation)

Thanks

Great info Alnighter ..many thanks ...looks like i will have to invest in a cas interface.
Will i be better off with a tiiainium card ??

thanks again

allnighter

Reaction score
u can have the tit card as well as the mr. i don't know much about the tit card , i haven't explored that venue yet , but apparently it'll do you the kiosks in 1 degree west and sky italia too , i havent tried it . but i am happy with the mr1.081 for now.
regards :D

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Nice posting..Allnighter.

allnighter

Reaction score
hello my paddy friend,

just trying to help with my limited experience here in this forum , but thnx anyway O-Ha

regards Barry

sandytsang

Reaction score
hi, you don't have to use tit card, but then you must update your MR 1.081. try http://www.matrixcam.com/matrixreloaded.htm use Matrix Reloaded Funcard Splitter v1.0 split the HEX file to your fun cards, then try to update your MR cam with fun cards.

With MR 1.081 you already can get a lot of channels, example 13.0E TPS package. With Tit card you can get kiosks in 1 degree west or sky italia in 13E etc.. .

If you want a tit card, then you will need Infinity phoenix USB programmer.

workshoppete

Here Now And Again
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Midlands
Thanks Sandy....Still looking at all the variables to do with the MR cam..I have managed to update some of the channels over the weekend by getting hold of the readme files in the fun zips and entering the decimal codes in via the remote control. But it is still difficult to get yer head around.
Hopefully will make a decision on what to do after i have trialled it a bit longer.

ocab

Reaction score
plz anybody knows how to repair xcam by casinterface2 the cam is completely dead