Goto X Function

gameboy

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Does anyone know if any of the available images has the DiSEqC Goto X Function?

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Black Dragon does, but it doesn't appear to work .:)

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
rolfw said:
The Black Dragon does, but it doesn't appear to work .:)
Most of the Images have, but it does not really work. I managed to get it working on the Terminator image, but best is to store the sat position manually.

gameboy

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
I only wanted it to help set up a motor as the instructions indicate it is easier if you use the goto X function.

D

djlemur

My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
gameboy said:
I only wanted it to help set up a motor as the instructions indicate it is easier if you use the goto X function.
Now I'm confused...
icon11.gif

I "assumed" that if you tick the "use GotoX" button in the satellite setup page and enter your lat/long, that this uses the disceq 1.2 gotoX function.
That is what I did here and it works (Hydra Olympia firmware) astoundingly well.
To set it up, I selected a 19.2 channel (which caused the motor to turn) and then pointed it at where I thought the sat should be. After some fiddling to get the max. SNR on 19.2, all the "other" sats are found automatically.

Or was this beginners luck? :)

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
well, that's usually how it could work. Maybe the Hydra works ok, but most of the others do have some difficulties...

D

djlemur

My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
T_G said:
well, that's usually how it could work. Maybe the Hydra works ok, but most of the others do have some difficulties...
I like the way it "hunts" a few degrees either side during the transponder scan "just in case". Looked kind of wierd when I first saw it do it.