GotoXX

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL, I think you fried most of their brains!
Ooops, I'll have T_G on to me about using long computerish words next ;)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
djlemur said:
To kill enigma...

rm /tmp/.enigma
killall -9 emubroker
killall -9 enigma
killall -9 newcamd.ppc
killall -9 cardserver.dream

Once you have finished, I suggest rebooting the DB to resume normal service.

Ooops, I'll have T_G on to me about using long computerish words next

You'll have TG on to you telling you that it is far too complicated for something as simple as "Kill Enigma". Here is TG's guide to Kill Enigma:

Method 1) Load up an image without reading Idiot guide (succsess rate of 78% of killing enigma)
Method 2) Use a big hammer on the dreambox after reading the Idiot guide (success rate: 99% of killing enigma)

Don't forget to reboot ;)

Tell you the truth, it looks like a very interesting thing to do, just don't have that much time, and honestly I would not know what to do with this information. As you noticed, I take care of the Idiot section here, and unfortunately this is more or less my level of things....In any case, how about you write this again, but this time with DBI like me in mind and I will add it to the guide (maybe it is useful one day if someone has a problem, so experts can use it ??).
Generally, if there is a subject worth adding to the guide you need to do:

1) Tell us what program you need to use (FTP, FTA, TTA, CSA ?????) and where from can you get it.
2) Where do you put in those magic leter combinations? Before, after? What do you have to look out for? Etc etc?
3) Screenshots
4)Screenshots
5) Think Idiot, man!! :D

That's it!

myexige

Reaction score
hmmm when i was first playing with my dreambox, entering the exact long/lat gave me poor results. e.g. 1.323 but rounding down the figures to 1.320 etc gave me a lock on all the sats from 30e to 30w.

I haven't touched or tweaked it since :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
myexige said:
hmmm when i was first playing with my dreambox, entering the exact long/lat gave me poor results. e.g. 1.323 but rounding down the figures to 1.320 etc gave me a lock on all the sats from 30e to 30w.

I haven't touched or tweaked it since :)

Well, maybe the motor was not exactly on the south by a fraction, and rounding it just "corrected" it?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T_G said:
You'll have TG on to you telling you that it is far too complicated for something as simple as "Kill Enigma".
LOL, I think it was fine as it was.

Some things were just not meant to be taught to idiots! :p

BTW, I haven't got the time either. Does that make ME an idiot too?

Don't answer that.

STICK

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
BGonaSTICK said:
Some things were just not meant to be taught to idiots! :p

BTW, I haven't got the time either. Does that make ME an idiot too?

Don't answer that.

STICK

I couldn't help it :p

Yes! But also, we do have the feeling that even with all the time in the world you'd still be ..... O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha O-Ha :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

elvirisimo

Reaction score
Djlemur,

I hope I am not to late with this

[TUNE] tuning to 12584000/27502000/V/3@-430
set continuous tone OFF and voltage to 13V
Vertikal
Hi Band
DiSEqC Switch cmd = 00f1
Entry for -43,0° not in Rotor Table found... i try gotoXX°
siteLatitude = 51.590000, siteLongitude = 4.270000, 317.000000 degrees
azimuth=234.127090, elevation=16.675711, declination=13.533855, PolarmountHourAngle=231.468702
RotorCmd = d338
Rotor DiSEqC Param = d338 (useGotoXX)
2 DiSEqC cmds to send
no Toneburst (MiniDiSEqC)
ROTOR RUNNING EMIT
[FONT] creating new font color cache entry 50253a4d .. 00ffffff
[FONT] creating new font color cache entry 504a6377 .. 00ffffff
Rotor Cmd is sent
FE_SET_FRONTEND OK
tuned
[ENIGMA_DYN] lockWebIf = 0
[ENIGMA] starting httpd
--
[TUNE] tuning to 11937000/27502000/H/3@130
Horizontal
Hi Band
DiSEqC Switch cmd = 00f3
Rotor DiSEqC Param = 04 (use stored position)
2 DiSEqC cmds to send
ROTOR RUNNING EMIT
Rotor Cmd is sent
FE_SET_FRONTEND OK
tuned
[FE] evt. failure
[FE] RotorPos uninitialized (0)
FE_SET_FRONTEND OK
[SERVERSOCKET] incoming connection!
--
[TUNE] tuning to 11939000/27502367/H/3@130
Horizontal
Hi Band
DiSEqC Switch cmd = 00f3
Rotor DiSEqC Param = 04 (use stored position)
2 DiSEqC cmds to send
ROTOR RUNNING EMIT
Rotor Cmd is sent
FE_SET_FRONTEND OK
tuned
[eAVSwitch] setInput 0, avsfd=20
[LCD] set brightness 133, contrast 23
[FE] evt. locked
[FE] start check locktimer cur snr is 49234
[FE] checkRotorLock SNR is 39009... old was 39234
[FE] rotor has stopped..
------------> changed! f
-------------------Set ECM-----------------
--
[TUNE] tuning to 12698000/4340000/H/2@360
Horizontal
Hi Band
DiSEqC Switch cmd = 00f3
Rotor DiSEqC Param = 01 (use stored position)
1 DiSEqC cmds to send
ROTOR RUNNING EMIT
Rotor Cmd is sent
FE_SET_FRONTEND OK
tuned
request = GET, path = /data.js
translated /data.js to /share/tuxbox/enigma/htdocs/data.js
[FE] evt. failure
FE_SET_FRONTEND OK
[FE] evt. failure
FE_SET_FRONTEND OK

I am fighting with my dreambox 7000s with HH100 and Gibertini 100 cm dish. If there are other thing you would like me to check - please feel free. Only problem is that I have my motor/dish on the roof (can't reach it easily). I am new to drambox scene, but linux is my preferded solution - for more than 10 years.

Dream On.

elvirisimo

Reaction score
First few lines are very strange, when I start dreambox or enigma it want's to turn motor to 43W. I could't find a explanation for this. I have tried to remove this sat entry from satelites.xml but this didn't help. Anyone?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
elvirisimo said:
First few lines are very strange, when I start dreambox or enigma it want's to turn motor to 43W. I could't find a explanation for this.

Usually turns to last channel you watched. But then when you switch of the dish should stay there until you switch back on.

In the gotoXX function is this sat still in your list? You could try removing it and setting 1deg west as you No 1 position - worth a try?

elvirisimo

Reaction score
Dreambox from 2 friends of my, after reboot they turn to the last channel they watched and mine goes to 43 W. That sat wasn’t for sure at pos. 1 because I had only 5 sats (from 5E to 28.2E) on my list.

After reboot I have to be quick and put it on one of other sats like astra, otherwise it takes ages to turn the motor around.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Maybe your image isn't shuting down properly, and not saving the last watched sat. I found this happened to me when I bu99ered it up a bit. Once it was sorted, it started working normally again. Did you change anything around the time it started sticking on 43W?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
elvirisimo said:
Dreambox from 2 friends of my, after reboot they turn to the last channel they watched and mine goes to 43 W. That sat wasn’t for sure at pos. 1 because I had only 5 sats (from 5E to 28.2E) on my list.

After reboot I have to be quick and put it on one of other sats like astra, otherwise it takes ages to turn the motor around.

This subject comes up almost every few weeks and i always say the same thing. Enter them manually. I will post a seperate thread so it will be there at a first glance for everyone.

cog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven G90, SG2100, Black Ultra
PC: F1A75-V Pro, A8-3870, Ubuntu 11.10, TBS 6981
My Location
North Wiltshire
This was my experience of setting up gotoxx. I don't know if it helps or not!

When I first set it up, I really didn't understand what the options meant and managed to get it so that it thought 0 degrees was somewhere else. I think it may have been because I set it to a single satellite at one point.

The motor is a DG2100. I used its buttons to bring it to 0 degrees and reset it. I then did a flash erase on the dreambox ( probably with the cable disconnected ) to ensure it was starting at scratch as well. I then did the motor configuration and all was well.

After some searches, I initially used the degrees/sec setting but noticed that the motor stopped turning long before the Dreambox stopped waiting. Another site suggested using Use Motor Input Power of 70 mA which works very well. Having seen that the motor manual gives a standby current of 50 mA, it then made sense why the default of 45 mA doesn't work.

I, therefore, conclude that the degrees/sec just makes it wait for the setting times the degrees being moved, so you need to make it higher than the slowest speed given in the motor manual, and the current setting makes it stop waiting when the consumption drops below this value. The DG2100 manual gives a normal ( I take it rotating ) figure of 200 mA. I have tried a setting of 100 mA but it is not as good - the Dreambox sometimes stops waiting too soon.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
cog said:

Certainly does help...

An excellent first post - hope you have more DreamBox knowledge you can share with us?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cog said:

When I first set it up, I really didn't understand what the options meant and managed to get it so that it thought 0 degrees was somewhere else. I think it may have been because I set it to a single satellite at one point.

The motor is a DG2100. I used its buttons to bring it to 0 degrees and reset it. I then did a flash erase on the dreambox ( probably with the cable disconnected ) to ensure it was starting at scratch as well. I then did the motor configuration and all was well.

After some searches, I initially used the degrees/sec setting but noticed that the motor stopped turning long before the Dreambox stopped waiting. Another site suggested using Use Motor Input Power of 70 mA which works very well. Having seen that the motor manual gives a standby current of 50 mA, it then made sense why the default of 45 mA doesn't work.

I, therefore, conclude that the degrees/sec just makes it wait for the setting times the degrees being moved, so you need to make it higher than the slowest speed given in the motor manual, and the current setting makes it stop waiting when the consumption drops below this value. The DG2100 manual gives a normal ( I take it rotating ) figure of 200 mA. I have tried a setting of 100 mA but it is not as good - the Dreambox sometimes stops waiting too soon.

Very interesting stuff. Just tell me, where do you change the mA settings?? Could not find it anywhere...

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
T_G said:
Very interesting stuff. Just tell me, where do you change the mA settings?? Could not find it anywhere...

Under the motor setup window above the GotoXX option is a checkbox for this setting.

Select it then press OK which activates the mA box on the right - you can then input a two digit number.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
gameboy said:
Under the motor setup window above the GotoXX option is a checkbox for this setting.

Select it then press OK which activates the mA box on the right - you can then input a two digit number.

Hmmm does not seem to have it in the Hydra image.....

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
What Hydra image?

I'm using the Angharad and it's on that.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
elvirisimo said:
...GotoXX stuff...
Hi elvirisimo,
How goes the dish/gotoXX stuff?
Did any of the logging etc. help?

elvirisimo

Reaction score
Djelmur,

I fond it strange that it used "stored positions" rather than goto xx, and to be honest, I haven't had time to spend time on experimenting with it due to CISSP exam i have this week. Depending on weather I will "visit" my dish on the roof, and try to align it much better. I will take my (linux) laptop with me to assist in turning the motor around. After that I will continue with goto test's.

But there is one question, for witch I haven't found exact answer, but I think you can answer it: When you use DISEQ you have to point ur dish to south with 0 degree on the motor, is this the same for USALS or not. I haven't used USALS first time with configuring it. Also I don't think that dreambox has full USALS support: according to this site:

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/usals.htm

goto is not equal as full USALS support.

Thx for ur time, if there are some test that would be intresting for u just let me know. My dreambox is not operational for my wife yet :) so there is room to play.

Another problem - turning to 43w just stopped. After few look-ups and reboot's dreambox reverted some settings (goto reverted to using stored positions on motor and some other things) it boots now turning to the last watched channel.

regards,

E