GPS - nav4all?

motov3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VF 700/GHi
My Location
U.K.
Hey, guys. I need some help and advice.
Recently I got the idea of installing a GPS navigation system on my mobile phone, but the problem is that I do not know which one. Some of my friends are already using tomtom, but it is a bit expensive for me.
I found a cheap, actually still free, navigation software called nav4all. The only thing I am not sure about is the quality of this product. Before I install it i want to ask you if anyone has ever heard of it or used it before? Please give me some feedback, all opinions will be appreciated. Thanks :)

plc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none..
My Location
CostaRica
I tried the software a couple of months ago ,as i was travelling across Europe and i needed something fast and for free..I think it is durable and quite simple to use ,but it lacks some of the features of TomTom for example ,mainly because of the quality of the maps...it could do better ,but i guess there is a link between unsatisfactory performanc and low cost..I hope they will improve it after it is not free ,because it worked well with my phone (nokia 6680)
Anyway ,as it is for free, i think it is worth at least checking it out..

motov3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VF 700/GHi
My Location
U.K.
10x for the reply..i actually tried the program now, and i think it is alright... you're right about the quality, it is not as good as tomtom, but it's free after all.. i hope they'll improve it after it gets paid. What do u think? The nice thing aboout the program is also the fact that it downloads only maps of the requested area, so u r not stuck with unwanted traffic of maps u have to pay for and never gonna use...

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
spam spam spam spam spam

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, looks that way. :)

Will however leave the thread, as if it is free, then it may be of use to some people. :)

motov3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VF 700/GHi
My Location
U.K.
I was looking for some information, i didn't know it was illegal :cool: I think the software runs nicely, although it lacks quality as i said