Great Signal but NO Picture not even FTA... HELP !

nicmzammit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD PVR
130cm dish
My Location
Malta
Our dreambox has been working fine but all of a sudden there was no picture on any channel.
We changed satellite, turned it on and off, took the plugs out and back in again. but still no luck, its showing strong signal but no picture at all. not even FTA channels.
PLease help as we don't know what else to do???

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You need to work methodically theough the possibilities.

First is the dish & lnb still there - and if so make sure the lnb isnt obstructed - its not impossible for a owl or similar to decide your dish is a handy roosting place, or a local joker to remove the lnb or pull the cables out!

Then ask the missus if shes moved the receiver when shes been dusting - that can dislodge cables if they arent fitted very well.

Then consider receiver failure, or cable damage - anyone been trimming hedges near the cable today?? Or maybe a local youth has pushed a drawing pin through the coax cable, or its frayed through and filled up with rain water....

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva, Samsung and Comag PVR 2 100CL
3 dishes, 80cm, 100cm, 140cm
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
If the dish has moved, the receiver could have locked on an adjacent satellite and that is the signal your receiver is reading. The dish would have to be retuned.

nicmzammit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD PVR
130cm dish
My Location
Malta
Where we live the houses either side of us have both got satellites, but we have never had this problem before.
It's just strange how one minute it was working fine to the next no picture. and trust this to happen when the footy is on.

nicmzammit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD PVR
130cm dish
My Location
Malta
You need to work methodically theough the possibilities.First is the dish & lnb still there - and if so make sure the lnb isnt obstructed - its not impossible for a owl or similar to decide your dish is a handy roosting place, or a local joker to remove the lnb or pull the cables out!Then ask the missus if shes moved the receiver when shes been dusting - that can dislodge cables if they arent fitted very well.Then consider receiver failure, or cable damage - anyone been trimming hedges near the cable today?? Or maybe a local youth has pushed a drawing pin through the coax cable, or its frayed through and filled up with rain water....

they have been checked but nothing different..

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Please confirm you're seeing the signal strength, as reported by the DM, on your TV screen as opposed to via some other metering device.

Just vaguely thinking about the connection between Box and TV, that's all.

nicmzammit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD PVR
130cm dish
My Location
Malta
Yes I am seeing the signal on the tv.. When flicking through the channels I can see the signal strength next to the channel shown on the tv screen.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Ok.

It was just a straw-clutching idea!

thecaretaker

Reaction score
Website
www.thecaretakers.net
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Ultimo, Duo2
85cm Fracarro Penta dish
Inverto BLACK Ultra QUAD
My Location
South East Coast, England
May I ask what you mean when you say "you changed satellite"?

Did you have a new dish? Is it possible you changed the dish or position?

Again, clutching at straws, but if you changed dish position, maybe you are not on the correct satellite. That might show a good signal strength but as your channel details are different, not showing any picture. Just a thought.

BM300

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, 7020, 800HD
HD-USB
8 Dishes
My Location
UAE
<sub>Open your box and check that the Tuner is well seated in the slot.</sub>

<sub>Are you using a diseqc swith or it is a direct single cable to dish connection?</sub>

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
or end of world is coming :] i got also error but from accident and no tv till monday or longer but mine situation is unknow without signal checker device i just see motor icon

in your situtation it could be even image damage i scored it twice in 4 year during mine dm usage .