Great XXX guide but which one to buy?

kenny23

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I found this one on satdudez -

http://www.ultimatetvguide.com/chooser.html

And it's bloody great. More XXX channels than I ever knew existed O-Ha. Over 30 what I can count all updated every day. I'm finding out I can get quite a few of them with my new Sammy. But seems there's lots I can't get. I only had a Murdoch box up to now and a Television X sub. But I'd like to try one of these more exotic ones :)
Which is best to buy? You guys must have tried them. All hints appreciated :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You need to say what dish size, which location , and which satellites you can receive with your system (I assume the Sammy is powering a moving dish)

kenny23

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for replying, Channel Hopper. I have a one metre dish motorised and am in south-west England. I can go from 42E to 30W with how the installer guy set it up.
I can get all satellites ok between there, it seems, except the good channels on 5E. I only see SVT, Viasat Europe and some rubbish channels :(
I went through the sats looking mainly for sport, films and mature content, of course :D
I think I got most all of the channels listed in the chart on that ultimatetvguide site, and I think I worked out which ones I can clear with embedded conax cam of my Samsung working like a magic module with those BB files that installer told me to use.
But I see on boards they say most things will be gone soon. So I'm interested in getting maybe a couple of official cards - one for some english football and one of the mature content channels. I still think it'll work out cheaper than the fortune I was paying Murdoch for full sub, and Television X sub over that.
But for mature content at least, there seem so many channels to choose. I've looked through listings on that ultimatetvguide site, and Spice Platinum looks interesting, but so far I've not seen any posts about it on any forums I joined. Makes me wonder if any of you lot actually buy any cards :)
Anyway, sorry for long post, but that's what I'm looking for - something for mature content and something for football.
Thanks for any help :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sammys over here have embedded Viaccess, I dont know about Conax and even if it did, you would now have to look at official Sandinavian subscription.

30 W with Nagra seems to be the way to go for longer term, but you need to programme the card regularly. Otherwise Canal Digitaal on 19 East with a gold card programme allows the 9500 to work in Irdeto, giving you some good films and footie for at least the next five months or so.

kenny23

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't know details, but my Samsung is patched for its cam working as viaccess or conax, and the conax is working all the systems with these BB files.
But thanks for answer. I'll ask around some more on what is best official cards to get and where to get them :)