Greek TV in the UK

gkaloy10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HD 32" SAMSUNG TV WITH HP PAVILLION DV900 HD
My Location
LONDON
hello all,

is it possible to receive any greek/bulgarian TV channels in the UK with my current set up.

Sky box with sky dish.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I know that you can get them all on hotbird etc,

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Not directly no. You would need to realign the dish to Hotbird 13E - and lose access to your sky channels of course.

The sky box is horribly unfriendly to use away from the UK channels so you would be better off buying a cheap non sky box (and a second dish whilst you are at it).

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, here is a list of the free Greek channels:-

_http://www.flysat.com/tv-gr.php

You may be able to get the ones on Hotbird if the dish was swivelled round, but you would lose sky.

You would have to enter the channels manually, via one of the buttons on your remote.

Other than that, your best bet would probably be the Greek Nova package purchased in Greece, with a separate dish and receiver (NOT a sky one)

Robbo:)

EDIT, OH and here are the bulgarian ones (FTA)
http://www.flysat.com/tv-bg.php

One or two may be possible with the Sky box,but none with the Sky dish.

gkaloy10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HD 32" SAMSUNG TV WITH HP PAVILLION DV900 HD
My Location
LONDON
I have nova in greece, but im not 100% what i need for it to work here... Can i get just another box? or do i need a bigger dish?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
gkaloy10 said:
I have nova in greece, but im not 100% what i need for it to work here... Can i get just another box? or do i need a bigger dish?

If you mean you have a Nova smartcard, then you need a receiver with Irdeto CAM slot (embedded or CI=Common Interface) and the recommended dish size pointing to HB 13E.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
gkaloy10 said:

A sky zone 2 minidish will work on Hotbird if it doesn't rain too hard, although a 60cm at least would sufficient to allow for rain fade.

But yes, another box would be needed, one of the Technomates with a card slot would probably do it, I'll check in a moment.

Edit,

The nova card is reported to work with the 1000 series, also a Irdeto CAM can be purchased from around £50.

Robbo.:)