Greek Tv Installation Problem Please Help!!!

radecal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
computer greek satellite
My Location
washington tyne & wear
Hi Can anyone help us install a greek sat tv in washington, we have a friend who works for sky who has installed the dish and receiver but cant find the channels on his meter...Does anyone in this area know what to do, we would be prepared to pay to have someone come and get it working, my 75 year old father bought it to try and keep up to date with what is happening in his homeland of Cyprus and we have had no joy....Any help advice would be hugely appriaciated.

Regards
Chris

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What sized dish has the installer put up and which satellite has he pointed it at? Also what receiver do you have?

radecal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
computer greek satellite
My Location
washington tyne & wear
The dish size is 60cm and he is pointing it at the Hellas Sat i think 39 degrees

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well it all depends on which beam you are trying to receive.

If it is the F2 beam and the F1 beam the dish size is OK but you must use the frequencies and other parameters as per the F2 and F1 beams here otherwise you will struggle. For the S2 beam you will not be able to get without a 2.5 mtr dish. More than that I am unable to say without more specific channel requirements

As Rolf asked it would help to know what receiver has been installed as a sky receiver would not be much good