Grunding versus panasonic

Messages
21
Likes
0
#1
hi my name is Tony..
i would like to know if anybody can tell me if my Grunding 200 is as good as Panasonic 20 or 30..someone told me that the Grunding 200 tuner is crab comparing with Panasonic..that i might be not able to see BBC and ITV if i use Grunding but i would if i use Panasonic..
TY so much
TOny
 

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Messages
420
Likes
0
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
#2
Grunding crab?,something fishy here! so here goes, outside the uk the panasonic dsb30 is the best receiver to use...........BRian
 
N

net1

Guest
#3
dishdoctor said:
Grunding crab?,something fishy here! so here goes, outside the uk the panasonic dsb30 is the best receiver to use...........BRian
I agree with Brian without doubt the Panasonic is far superior.
Regards
Net1
 
Messages
21
Likes
0
#4
dishdoctor said:
Grunding crab?,something fishy here! so here goes, outside the uk the panasonic dsb30 is the best receiver to use...........BRian
ty brian....i live in sicily and i am trying to get a 3mt dish...i have already a grunding 200 and my question is..do u think that i wouldnt be able to get astra 2D with a 3 mt dish and my Grunding but i probably would with a 3 mt dish and the Panasonic 20 or 30?
ty for your help
Tony
 

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Messages
420
Likes
0
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
#5
In a edge of footprint situation,as you are,the grundig 200 is no use,the grundig 310/2 or 2000 is much better,the panasonic dsb 30 is the best.You must ask a local (to you) satellite dealer as to what size dish will work,and if you buy from him,then,see it working before you pay....brian
 
Messages
21
Likes
0
#6
dishdoctor said:
In a edge of footprint situation,as you are,the grundig 200 is no use,the grundig 310/2 or 2000 is much better,the panasonic dsb 30 is the best.You must ask a local (to you) satellite dealer as to what size dish will work,and if you buy from him,then,see it working before you pay....brian
ty brian but unfortunally i cant find a 3mt dish where i live..i can only buy it from north of italy..so i wont have a chance to try before i buy it..its a very gamblering situation..so anyway i think i need to buy panasonic dsb 30 first, then a 3 mt dish and then hope it will work...why do u think grunding 200 wont be good..cause of a bad tuner or for what some other reason??
i already have this receiver which works with skydigital package..
For your information i live on the east coast of sicily about 40 kms north of catania...
Ty for your help..
Tony
 

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Messages
420
Likes
0
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
#8
The almighty specified the interior design of the digibox,so they would all be the same electronicly,some manufacturers used better components than others,Amstrad used up to spec parts,panasonic used above spec parts,so their digiboxes recieve weaker signals much better,remember,digiboxes were make to work in the uk,so they all picked up very strong signals,but weaker signals need higher quality electronics.and only a few models of digibox used these,or perhaps in the early rush to make millions of digiboxes some companies used components that were not fully tested.Go to Google and type in Sky Digital In Sicily and see what you get.
Ps,The Almighty is otherwise known as Rupert Murdoch
 

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Messages
420
Likes
0
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
#10
Without doubt,i have tested pace 2200 on my 1.3 dish,and although they get all the channels 80 per cent of the time the Panasonic dsb 30 is the best reciever ever made,especially for weak signal regions.As for Tenerife,you have got to start with a big dish,even a Panasonic cant turn a 2 metre dish into a 3 metre...................brian
 
Messages
14
Likes
0
#11
dishdoctor said:
Without doubt,i have tested pace 2200 on my 1.3 dish,and although they get all the channels 80 per cent of the time the Panasonic dsb 30 is the best reciever ever made,especially for weak signal regions.As for Tenerife,you have got to start with a big dish,even a Panasonic cant turn a 2 metre dish into a 3 metre...................brian
On the same subject - sort of - I'm setting up a 1.3 offset + DSB40 in the north of Portugal next week. If the results are not quite as I hope, would you say that a dsb30 would make a significant difference? Or would upping the dish size have the same effect? Or both? Maybe I'm just being too pessimistic!
 

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Messages
420
Likes
0
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
#12
I have never tried the dsb40,but the dsb31 is not good enough,so perhaps all the following models may be weak also........the 2d footprints show that a 1.3 may or may not be big enough...........brian
 
Messages
14
Likes
0
#13
Thanks. We shall see - I haven't seen that many reports for this corner of the Iberian peninsula!
I'm sure I've seen a thread on this somewhere before but I couldn't find it again: if I bought a DSB30 on ebay and put my card in it, would it work? (I'm not signed up for any sports or movie channels).
 

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Messages
420
Likes
0
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
#14
At the last check any working card will get itv,4,5 in any box,along with all the bbc.....brian
 
Messages
21
Likes
0
#15
dishdoctor said:
The almighty specified the interior design of the digibox,so they would all be the same electronicly,some manufacturers used better components than others,Amstrad used up to spec parts,panasonic used above spec parts,so their digiboxes recieve weaker signals much better,remember,digiboxes were make to work in the uk,so they all picked up very strong signals,but weaker signals need higher quality electronics.and only a few models of digibox used these,or perhaps in the early rush to make millions of digiboxes some companies used components that were not fully tested.Go to Google and type in Sky Digital In Sicily and see what you get.
Ps,The Almighty is otherwise known as Rupert Murdoch
Ty Brian,
Do u think that if i buy a panasonic 30 and a 2,40 mt or a 3 mt dish from IRTE i would be able to get the BBC and The Irish channels? ( i know that i need to subscribe to Sky Digital Ireland to get RTE and the other Irish channels )
I remind you i live on the east coast of sicily north of Catania
TY so much for your help
Tony
 

rob43

Regular Member
Messages
291
Likes
0
My Location
canaries
#16
dishdoctor said:
Without doubt,i have tested pace 2200 on my 1.3 dish,and although they get all the channels 80 per cent of the time the Panasonic dsb 30 is the best reciever ever made,especially for weak signal regions.As for Tenerife,you have got to start with a big dish,even a Panasonic cant turn a 2 metre dish into a 3 metre...................brian
thanks for the info brian. i know we need a big dish here now, but at nearly 3000 euros for a 2.4 channel master its a very expensive option we used to get the bbc channels on a 1m dish until they moved to 2d. i can´t understand why they don´t dump prime and put the normal channels on instead. there must be thousands of ex-pats in the same position as us who would gladly pay a subscription for bbc. sorry if i´m on the wrong thread, i´m new to all this since we lost the bbc. thanks again. rob.
 
O

Old Fred

Guest
#17
Reports from Cyprus say that the very best Sky receivers are the Pace BSKYB2600 and the Pace "Javelin" minibox. These are as good as (if not better than) the TU-DSB30. So these may be fine in places like Tenerife as well. The Javelin has the advantage of weighing less that 2kg fully packed so air freight costs are reasonable. However, it lacks some sockets at the rear (RF1 and VCR scart missing - TV scart and RF2 present) so it won't suit everyone.
 

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Messages
356
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
#18
Old Fred said:
Reports from Cyprus say that the very best Sky receivers are the Pace BSKYB2600 and the Pace "Javelin" minibox. These are as good as (if not better than) the TU-DSB30.
I can confirm that the Pace 2600C1 is good for "edge of footprint" having replaced my Panasonic 30 which I use on the Algarve, Southern Portugal. The software is also fast and a nice neat unit. :-righton
 
Messages
14
Likes
0
#19
Zansi said:
I can confirm that the Pace 2600C1 is good for "edge of footprint" having replaced my Panasonic 30 which I use on the Algarve, Southern Portugal. The software is also fast and a nice neat unit. :-righton
I'm in Porto with a dsb40 (1.33 offset) and currently unable to get a handful of music channels and some radio stations, plus a few others. It was installed a couple of days ago and the signal quality is hovering around the lowest position, whilst the strength is just over halfway. Would the Pace improve this situation and/or improve reception in drizzle etc? Any succesful lnb pointers too for using with the pace? I'm wondering whether it's worth swapping receivers - sounds like it might be.
 
Top