Grunding versus panasonic

O

Old Fred

tsilva said:
Any succesful lnb pointers too for using with the pace? I'm wondering whether it's worth swapping receivers - sounds like it might be.
I haven't read *any* comparison reports on the TU-DSB40 - so you might be the first to write one! :)

As regards LNBs, again I can only report what I've read. The Manhattan MTI 0.6dB is said to be very good for dishes up to 1.5m. Beyond that size, the Invacom 0.3dB twin-output* version is said to be the best (in Cyprus on a 2.7m dish for example). However, in all cases, you get a better result if your dish uses the separate feedhorn that came with it so that you can bolt on an LNB with a C120 flange.

* The single-output Invacom reportedly gives much poorer results.

Fred

tsilva

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks.
I think I've managed to wangle a Pace2600 to go head-to-head against the dsb40 - we shall see! As far as the dish size goes, the gain I'm getting on this one is pretty much the same as the 1.80 pf that I tried a few weeks ago. At the moment I'm getting everything (apart from 12071H and 12324V) fine 24x7, but I'm quite new to all of this and am a bit concerned that the relatively low signal 'quality' I'm getting will mean a propensity to drop out v.easily when the weather changes. Hence the idea of trying another box or the very hypothetical possibility of a 2.3 dish (probably just about get away with it where we are). As far as the lnb's go, the installer tried a few of them until we found one that worked best - I think it's 0.5 - not sure of the make though.