h h motor not moving to a couple of sats

spoofer2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s 60 gig segate hard drive
Been installing my dish
Most sats are locked now but there are 2 sats that the motor dont move to 1w and astra 28 chanells have been downloaded on these sats ive also uploaded new settings this doesnt seem to cure the problem please help
Kind Regards

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
spoofer2005 said:
Been installing my dish
Most sats are locked now but there are 2 sats that the motor dont move to 1w and astra 28 chanells have been downloaded on these sats ive also uploaded new settings this doesnt seem to cure the problem please help
Kind Regards

Can you see the list of transponders on 28e and 1w in the pull down menu.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
make sure that if you go to setup, service searching, satellite configuration it has those two in there.
Other problems I encountered with downloaded satellite listings is that they sometimes have funny settings in the satellites.xml. Make sure you got a good clean one of these.

And generally: The f**ing DB is always playing up without having a cleear reason when it comes to moving the motor. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't....

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are those motor positions (for those sats) stored?

spoofer2005

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s 60 gig segate hard drive
Not all are stored but some that arnt the motor still goes to them Is this my problem?
Kind Regards

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Here are the 3 files you need. I cannot say if the channel list is uup to date or whatever, but it sure does move my motor with the 105 Gemini pretty well.

I suppose you shgould take these files, and load them into the Dreamboxedit. Then compare it to your "old" saved settings to see if there are other chanels that were not on my list. Then import your saved user bouquet settings so that you can have all your own bouquets as before, and load the whole thing into the dreambox.

If you are lucky it will work.

I have had quite a lot of problems with these, I for one don't import any new complete settings, but add channels to my existing one as described. I also don't use the autolat.xml plugin as I had a few instances where I had lots of grief with it afterwards. If ther is a specific channel I need, I can download the specific sat channels from the settings website (See idiot guide).

Some other points of thought: If you have had problems with the motor and stored sat positions, that might cause a problem if the position was stored in the wrong position. This can happen if you got a picture, and save the settings but the dreambox thinks it is pointing somewhere esle. I had this, so I deleted all the stored positions, rebooted and started again.

Also: If problems persist a new installation of the image might help.0

That's it, let me know if it got any better.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Are you having the same problems as here.???

http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=41402