Just Sharing This Had this given to me.

airbourne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Looking for advice on what to install
My Location
Kent UK
Its amazing what turns up when you start on a new interest. Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum.
I've been given this today but I'm not sure exactly what it is. I think its for receiving a broardband connection. The dish is about 90cm across and 75cm high and at the LNB end, there's a transceiver.
I'm currently getting ready to install a 1.2 CM and I thought I'd just test the water so to speak by fitting a one meter dish to see if anyone locally objected. I was thinking that this would be ideal although it wouldn't be a working dish.
Steve

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Pictures, or at least the model number would be useful

More savvy neighbours might know what it is of course, plus any change once it is up could arouse further suspicion.

Is there a way of hiding/keeping the dish on the ground where you are to avoid planning issues completely ?

airbourne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent UK
Hi CH. I was just about to put the pics on when I was prompted that we were late for something, so here they are.
I've thought long and hard about siting the dish on the floor but the other half just wont have it, so its going on the flat roof. There is a better look at the sky from there anyway. I've been trawling through other peoples setups and its baffling about some of the locations of the dish. High fences, tall trees and buildings all over the place. As I'm fitting some really good equipment it seams a shame to waste a good part of the plan by siting the dish in a poor position. Just my pennyworth!

Attachments

• IMG_1278.JPG
    IMG_1278.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1279.JPG
    IMG_1279.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1283.JPG
    IMG_1283.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 33

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
That Gilat broadband equipment was a nice gift to be given - if you don't need it for broadband use yourself then you have the basis for a nice Band D Ka lnb after a bit of twiddling that can be used on Ka band frequencies between 21.2 to 22.2 GHz from satellites at 16 / 7/ 4.9 deg East positions if you so wish to experiment. There are some threads on the forum refering to Gilat mods.

airbourne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent UK
Hi John. I'm totally new to this subject so I'm hoping that there is some info on this kit! I've never seen that module that's on the end where an LNB would usually be. If its going to be of use to me I'll hang on to it. Steve

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
That looks older than the uplinking kit I acquired a few years back, unless it's been on a boat.

The AN8004 is a Gilat transceiver, with integral LNB.

local oscillator 20.05 GHz from memory.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Hi John. I'm totally new to this subject so I'm hoping that there is some info on this kit! I've never seen that module that's on the end where an LNB would usually be. If its going to be of use to me I'll hang on to it. Steve

Yes, keep hold of it Steve. They do come up for sale occasionally but are a bit rare. The ODU (the white lnb lump) will give you the possibility to receive the Ka Horizontal polorised channels mentioned above that the very sought after and at the moment non-existent £95 ish Inverto Ka/Ku lnbf would have given you.